Vibrate

This is a discussion on Vibrate within the Samsung Captivate FAQ forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Is there any way to set the ring tone as a tone+vibrate? Also for the alert notifications? I txt a lot and the chime doesn't ...

Thread: Vibrate

Vibrate

Is there any way to set the ring tone as a tone+vibrate? Also for the alert notifications? I txt a lot and the chime doesn't quite cut it without the vibrate. I've looked all through and can't find it. Am I just missing it?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm still trying to get the contact ring tones to work if you go on samsungs web- sight they have a owners book you can download has lots of info about 6mb i also found the usb drivers for windows there

settings > sound and display > check "phone vibrate"

There is a strange issue with the ringtones and synced contacts. I had to use the AT&T Address Book (free) so that all the contacts reside in the phone. That is the only way I have found to be able to set a ringtone specific to a contact. Corporate and Google contacts do not have the option and when I try to edit them, I get a message about not being to edit SNS contacts from the phone.

It seems kind of crazy but at least I found a way around it. You can upload your contacts from Outlook via a comma separated values (CSV) file. You just have to go into Outlook, select contacts, click file, import/export and then export to a file. Select CSV (Windows) and specify a location to save to. Then you can go to wireless.att.com/addressbook and import the file. The service is free and you set it up directly on the phone. On the phone, go into Contacts, menu, more then settings. AT&T Address Book is the bottom option.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links