What program are you guys/gals using to convert dvd's to play on your captivate?

This is a discussion on What program are you guys/gals using to convert dvd's to play on your captivate? within the Samsung Captivate FAQ forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; I have tried using Handbrake but it doesn't allow me to size it to the 800x480 screen size because it was made for MAC products ...

Thread: What program are you guys/gals using to convert dvd's to play on your captivate?

What program are you guys/gals using to convert dvd's to play on your captivate?

I have tried using Handbrake but it doesn't allow me to size it to the 800x480 screen size because it was made for MAC products (iphone/ipod). The quality is hit or miss.

I have a friend who uses Pavtube dvd ripper for his HTC Evo 4g (which has the same screen resolution). The movies are ok qaulity.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I use Handbrake, actually, and I've never had a problem. If you want to change the dimensions from one of the presets, just go into the Picture Settings and change the resolution to best match the 800x480 screen dimensions (not always an exact match due to the movie aspect ratio). Might as well autocrop while you're there as well, so you're not encoding black stripes for nothing.

I know this may sound stupid but I have always used Nidesoft DVD to PSP converter v5.0. It has always worked great for me.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links