Captivate Root

This is a discussion on Captivate Root within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Is there a quick and easy wat to unroot your phone? I used the process in the first post on this thread....

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Captivate Root

Is there a quick and easy wat to unroot your phone? I used the process in the first post on this thread.

ok so i successfully rooted my phone...now what? how do i get free apps? how do i change things like the unlock bar? how do i do all the stuff that i should be able to do?

Ok, I have to nominate myself for Moron of the year award!!!
    I went to root, and had the USB cable attached. I got the Android Screen with the Android cleaning Icon. And a message not to disconnect. I pulled the phone and it disconnected. Now both memory cards (phone and SD) read as full when I attach the USB and go to Mass Storage. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Richdd View Post
    Ok, I have to nominate myself for Moron of the year award!!!
    I went to root, and had the USB cable attached. I got the Android Screen with the Android cleaning Icon. And a message not to disconnect. I pulled the phone and it disconnected. Now both memory cards (phone and SD) read as full when I attach the USB and go to Mass Storage. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
    You should never be in download mode to root. If you're personal stuff is backed up or is even recoverable, reflash back to the stock software using ODIN One Click. That will erase and re-format the internal memory. The external SD can be reformatted from the settings menu under "SD Card and Phone Storage".

Ok I had rooted my Captivate and the back button was not working so they exchanged it for a new one. I upgraded to 2.2 and wanted to root my phone again and get rid of all the bloatware and make my phone faster.
    I tried to use Superoneclick and it said it was rooted but when I went to use Titanium Backup to remove stuff it says phone it not rooted. I read on the wiki about this and tried to find out how I can tell whether it is rooted or not and ran into problems there as well. How do I tell whether my phone is rooted or not? Thank you for you help!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by deb410s View Post
    Ok I had rooted my Captivate and the back button was not working so they exchanged it for a new one. I upgraded to 2.2 and wanted to root my phone again and get rid of all the bloatware and make my phone faster.
    I tried to use Superoneclick and it said it was rooted but when I went to use Titanium Backup to remove stuff it says phone it not rooted. I read on the wiki about this and tried to find out how I can tell whether it is rooted or not and ran into problems there as well. How do I tell whether my phone is rooted or not? Thank you for you help!
    When you flashed the update to 2.2, you must have done the official upgrade. The official upgrade doesn't root the same because the update flashed a new 3e recovery and bootloader. With 3e you have to shell root then perma-root. Superoneclick will look like its doing its job but it isn't.

Sent from Spacial Grid 325, Terra 001

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Quote Originally Posted by Yzlvr View Post
    Is there a way to put it back to stock if I try this? In case I end up returning it before my 30 day trial period is up? That would be great.

I too would like to try the stock android home pages....
    Odin3 One-Click is the easiest and best way to do it. Just remember, do not unplug your usb cable until it is finished.

Edit: unless it arrived with 2.2 then its Odin + kies update to 2.2
    Samsung SGH-I897 [Build 1007] - teamhacksung's ICS {Android 4.0.1}
    Asus TF101 [Build B70] - Revolver 3.9.5 {Android 3.2.1}
    HP Touchpad {WebOS 3.0.2 + CM 7.1 Alpha 3}

Thanks Dorian for your reply..So in Superoneclick should I hit the Shell root option first then Root? My brain is mush from reading and reading and not getting anywhere,

I used Super One Click again and rebooted my phone and it is rooted...Yippee. Thanks for all of your help..I took off a bunch of bloatware and it is running nice...

I rooted with Super One Click a few months back but over the last few weeks and especially the last week the phone became virtually unusable. After I rooted it was great, loaded a few non market apps, the lag that previously annoyed me was gone .....but all in all that was it......the last few weeks though ......it froze a lot and I would have to take the battery out to power down.....then it would take upwards of ten minutes to to usable after turning back on .....and that was getting worse, there were times I was spending a half hour doing that just to try and get it working.

I got rid of the AT&T apps that I didn't want......

Thankfully Super One has a painless unroot option and I did that, did a factory reset and the phone is fine again, the AT&T apps never came back....

Is ti common for roots to turn bad?

of course it could have been several things that made the phone unusable but unrooting was one thing I could control so I did it.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links