Question about Captivate

This is a discussion on Question about Captivate within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; I am a Backflip owner... From what I read however, it looks like the Captivate of the best so far of all the Android phone ...

Thread: Question about Captivate

Question about Captivate

I am a Backflip owner... From what I read however, it looks like the Captivate of the best so far of all the Android phone for AT&T...

I want to hear how you guys like it? Tell about your experiences...

I would think it will be going to Android 2.2 soon....

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I bought the Captivate on Sunday (opening day! lol). I had it rooted as soon as I got home.

For me, this is the best phone I've ever owned. Even without root this phone is fantastic. I like the look, size, form and I even like the TouchWiz UI. There are so many nice touches by Samsung it's impossible to explain without having you use the phone. I have since flashed my Captivate to the Euro i9000 (orginal Galaxy S) firmware. This has only made this device go from great to greater. There are some GPS issues but since flashing to the Euro ROM I no longer have them. This leads me to believe what Samsung says in that the GPS issues will be fixed via an OTA update.

I seriously don't think you can go wrong with this phone, unless a front facing camera or camera flash are show stoppers for you.

That is awesome. I also read it has a graphics processor... that makes the phone very powerful. Plus with the 1ghz CPU, it is a kick butt phone.

I sometimes wish I would have waited for more Android phones to come out from AT&T before I got my Backflip, but that is ok. I like a lot of the features on the Backflip also. My only complaint with the Backflip right now is the screen size. Wish it were bigger. The Captivate size is perfect.

Have you seen the size of the Dell Streak? It is almost a tablet... check this article out. It also had a video embedded in it to.
    The Streak, Dell's Android jumbo-phone going on sale today? | ITworld

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    I bought the Captivate on Sunday (opening day! lol). I had it rooted as soon as I got home.

For me, this is the best phone I've ever owned. Even without root this phone is fantastic. I like the look, size, form and I even like the TouchWiz UI. There are so many nice touches by Samsung it's impossible to explain without having you use the phone. I have since flashed my Captivate to the Euro i9000 (orginal Galaxy S) firmware. This has only made this device go from great to greater. There are some GPS issues but since flashing to the Euro ROM I no longer have them. This leads me to believe what Samsung says in that the GPS issues will be fixed via an OTA update.

I seriously don't think you can go wrong with this phone, unless a front facing camera or camera flash are show stoppers for you.

I actually converted from an iPhone to the captivate and i can't say that i have been disappointed yet. This is a beautiful phone and the AMOLED screen blows me away. I wish that i could have had this phone on a different carrier than At&t. I rooted my phone and got access to the unblocked android market and removed bloatware. I am still working on ROMs but I think that i will just read the PDF for noobs again.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links