What rooting method did you use?

This is a discussion on What rooting method did you use? within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Just wondering what rooting method everyone used on the Captivate? Just trying to get a good feel for whats working and not....

Thread: What rooting method did you use?

dandroid

What rooting method did you use?

Just wondering what rooting method everyone used on the Captivate? Just trying to get a good feel for whats working and not.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I actually used both the One-Click Root , Unroot method and the manual Root method. Both worked fine for me, I have been messing around with this phone since I got it and frankly I do believe it is impossible to brick this thing with software.

I have been using design gears SuperRooterExtreme. It requires you update to JH2/3, but you get tons of features. It resides in the XDA captivate development forum.

I used both the manual root method (actually two versions of it ). One just rooted the phone, the second version, rooted, tethered and enabled side-loading.
    The tethering on the second version sucked , but rooting worked either way.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links