Speed up your Captivate 3x with a middle-man EXT3 filesystem on your internal storage

This is a discussion on Speed up your Captivate 3x with a middle-man EXT3 filesystem on your internal storage within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=749530 That's the Quadrant score I got. I see significant improvements in speed with this fix. It boots fast, it runs apps faster, the GUI ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speed up your Captivate 3x with a middle-man EXT3 filesystem on your internal storage

Speed up your Captivate 3x with a middle-man EXT2 filesystem on your internal storage

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=749530

That's the Quadrant score I got. I see significant improvements in speed with this fix. It boots fast, it runs apps faster, the GUI is more smooth. I don't really play a lot of games on this, but I didn't notice a difference on PSX4Droid and that's probably because PSX4Droid is a straight recompile of the PSX emulating engine for Linux recompiled with an Android face. The developer has to do a lot of micro-CPU optimizations to it before you can even consider PSX4Droid for benchmarking.

DISCLAIMER: EXT2 fixes are prone to data corruption. Be careful, and back up your ext2 partition periodically.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

dandroid
    wow, that score is unreal! I'll have to give it a shot this weekend and see for myself What version of Android are you running?

It's the stock captivate ROM from AT&T.

It's running 2.1-update1 according to DDMS.

Just wait until we get the new JIT compiler from 2.2! That score will sky rocket. It is almost more than double the Nexus one which is on 2.2 with the JIT compiler.

runs great on my captivate! quadrant 2066. snappy as hell and boots up much faster. GREAT FIND!!

That's amazing!
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

I am installing this Lagfix as I type...i so hope that i get the same great results as others are getting.

Name:  device.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  7.3 KB

Ok I am annoyed...i cant get the pic any bigger, but i got a score of 2173 after the lagfix.

Do you have to be rooted to work i can't get the one click root to work

Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    Do you have to be rooted to work i can't get the one click root to work
    Yes. It modifies some system files. It is also recommended to do a fresh install through odin
    I would recommend following the procedure in designgears thread Super Rooter Thread SRE 1.0 | (Root + OC 1.2GHz + LagFix + MobileAP + USB Tether + MORE EXTREME) - xda-developers
    . It will not net 2100+ quadrant scores, but in real world performance, it is very similar (the I/O section of quadrant badly skews results). It is much safer since it uses EXT4, and enables many extra features like sideloading, the native mobile wifi access point, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by moosefist View Post
    Yes. It modifies some system files. It is also recommended to do a fresh install through odin
    I would recommend following the procedure in designgears thread Super Rooter Thread SRE 1.0 | (Root + OC 1.2GHz + LagFix + MobileAP + USB Tether + MORE EXTREME) - xda-developers
    . It will not net 2100+ quadrant scores, but in real world performance, it is very similar (the I/O section of quadrant badly skews results). It is much safer since it uses EXT4, and enables many extra features like sideloading, the native mobile wifi access point, and more.
    I have tried this for two days when i load it to the d drive with 14gb and reboot into recovery it takes mt to e drive which is my sd card what am i doing wrong please help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links