update necessary?

This is a discussion on update necessary? within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; I guess i am one of the "lucky" few people who have no problems with my captivate. My wife and I both have the captivate. ...

Thread: update necessary?

update necessary?

I guess i am one of the "lucky" few people who have no problems with my captivate. My wife and I both have the captivate. She's had hers for about month and a half and I"ve had mine for 2 weeks now. Both get excellent gps signal and lock, no lag and everything works as designed. So far neither of us have recieved any firmware download update available message from ATT on our phones. My question is do I have to accept and install the update, can I ignore it and if so how?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I downloaded the update not sure if you can ignore as I think you can either download OTA through settings or they will push 15K per day, but I will say the update is pretty cool what I have seen file editing and a change with You Tube better way to stream HQ videos, no issues for me.

update made things worse

My captivate has the GPS locking problem and this update did NOT fix it. Further, my youtube widget stopped working and I'm getting a lot of force closes. I've had to pull the battery twice to restart. I give this update a big thumbs down.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links