For those that are running 2.2 (froyo) on captivate. Here's how to root.

This is a discussion on For those that are running 2.2 (froyo) on captivate. Here's how to root. within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; So here's the deal. If you decide to upgrade to the unofficial 2.2 on your captivate then it will unroot your phone. Good news is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those that are running 2.2 (froyo) on captivate. Here's how to root.

Talking For those that are running 2.2 (froyo) on captivate. Here's how to root.

So here's the deal. If you decide to upgrade to the unofficial 2.2 on your captivate then it will unroot your phone. Good news is that I found an easy way to root it, thanks to the xda developers. They have created a way to one click root and one click enable 3rd party apps. If you would like to uncripple your new 2.2 captivate then go here:

[APP]SuperOneClick v1.5 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App, Get UNLOCK code) - xda-developers

This is super easy to do and it works very well. If you have any problems with it then send me a pm and I will try to answer the questions to the best of my knowledge.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I had bad luck with it. Everything seems good, until I noticed my wifi was unable to obtain an IP address and would never work. I reloaded froyo, just to make sure wifi was working - and it was. Tried superoneclick again, and same thing. Hopefully it was just mine, as it looks like many others have had good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by hurstrescue View Post
    I had bad luck with it. Everything seems good, until I noticed my wifi was unable to obtain an IP address and would never work. I reloaded froyo, just to make sure wifi was working - and it was. Tried superoneclick again, and same thing. Hopefully it was just mine, as it looks like many others have had good luck with it.
    So you lost your ability to get on wifi after rooting or after installing 2.2?

Well, I thought for sure it was after the root. But it actually seems to be due to Froyo. It worked right after the load, but the next day I turned wifi off, and when I turned it back on, it will not connect.

Well, I thought for sure it was after the root. 2 But it actually seems to be due to Froyo. It worked right after the load, but the next day I turned wifi off, and when I turned it back on, it will not connect.
    yeah, i have had a few problems with my notification bar and i am guessing that they are still working out a few kinks. But when I did the root, it was by far the easiest rooting process I have ever done. I hope that you can figure it out. I really hope that the official 2.2 comes out soon.

I am having problems rooting my phone using the Super One Click app. I dled the app onto Windows 7, debugged, and after I plugged in my USB cable and clicked on the exe. file, my phone would just get stuck at "waiting for device". I tried using the Samsung Captivate tab AND Universal and both did not work. Could someone please help me? Thanks.

You might need to reinstall drivers or when you plug in your phone, you have to touch mass storage on your device fore your device to fully connect to the computer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by micah View Post
    You might need to reinstall drivers or when you plug in your phone, you have to touch mass storage on your device fore your device to fully connect to the computer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply, Micah. I also thought of that and changed it to mass storage and still did not work.
    Fortunately, I figured out how to root my phone. When I first dled Super One Click, I dled the newest version, 1.5, and had trouble rooting. However, when I dled version 1.4 and clicked on the Universal Tab, it worked! Not sure why it had worked, but I'm just glad that it did.

Also, I heard that if you download the RyanZA's One Lag Fix app on your phone, there is an option to root and unroot your phone too. Not sure if it actually works but maybe someone can verify?

Junior Member straw55_attdroids's Avatar
    I used RyanZA's One Lag Fix and it REALLY does help on mine.

Well, I thought for sure it was after the root. But it actually seems to be due to Froyo. It worked right after the load, but the next day I turned wifi off, and when I turned it back on, it will not connect.
    I know this is coming kinda late but I may have found a way to fix the wifi problem on my Samsung Captivate. I had zero issues on factory 2.1. I rooted the phone with the one click without a problem. I then used the one click to upgrade to 2.2. I thought all was well until I noticed that my home wifi would not connect. I noticed in settings that it kept scanning, then said "optaining IP address". It then would say "disconnected". I then could see that my network was in the list below as "disabled". I tired everything, even changing the router settings to open. I then realized it was any wifi spot. It did the same thing. I then found a fix. I used the one click for 2.2 to reinstall. I backed up my apps first and removed my sims and sd card. After it rebooted it asks if you want to:
    use 3g and wifi or just wifi. It also says you can change these settings later. I selected wifi only. I then turned on the wifi and saw my wireless router. I was able to connect without a problem. But I then had to use the one click to 2.2 again and then on boot up select 3g and wifi because I can't find it in the settings, go figure. My wifi still worked after that. That was 3 weeks ago and I just had to do it again today. I know it sounds like a pain but it worked for me twice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links