Can you-

This is a discussion on Can you- within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Use factory reset, IE personal data even if you are not running a stock kernel? I ask because i am selling my phone. I happened ...

Thread: Can you-

Can you-

Use factory reset, IE personal data even if you are not running a stock kernel? I ask because i am selling my phone. I happened to put cognition on it a few weeks ago, and have returned to the stock rom, but not the stock kernel. i was reading where the 2.6.29 atin@thor #voodoo_lagfix_3.0v1.10 was not reverting back to stock. That is the kernel i have listed, i just want to make sure it wont junk my phone right before i try to sell it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    How did you go back to the stock ROM without also flashing the stock kernel?

i used a clockwork mod backup restore. to my understanding, that wont remove this particular kernel.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    That is true, but that isn't at all a recommended way to go back to stock. Try the one click ODIN3 JF6 restore. It does everything for you, and if you intend on selling it, that's exactly what I would do. Disable VooDoo before flashing anything though.

Disable VooDoo creating a folder named “"disable lagfix"” inside the “Voodoo” folder on your internal sdcard and reboot

well i thank you for your help, i figured that would be a solution, i see everyone talking about that odin... Unfourtunately they dont have a program for mac. Also, i could care less about going full stock, i just want to know if using the factory reset will have issues if i dont have the stock kernel in there...

ahh i said hell with it an pulled the trigger on the reset... and it is bueno... i did have the stock jh7 rom loaded. it still has the same kernel, but all my info is cleared. I am so happy lol. thanks again dorian for your help.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    No probs! Just to let you know... if you see any weird quirks like WiFi issues or app specific force -closes, you'll need to grab Heimdall for mac and do a master reset and reflash to get rid of those issues. Heimdall is like ODIN, only its for MAC.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links