-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; I've had this problem on every Froyo ROM I've tried whether it is I-9000 or Captivate based, under contacts in groups I have like 195 ...

Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

I've had this problem on every Froyo ROM I've tried whether it is I-9000 or Captivate based, under contacts in groups I have like 195 contacts in the "not assigned" group. They all seem to have google.com/profiles listed as website. Is this crap from Google Buzz? Any idea how to make it go away? I can't add them to a group all at once to delete them.

Hi Dorian,

What are instructions for installing the ver 3 from version 2.

Thanks

Hello Dorian,
    I purchased a captivate yesterday morning and the Build number is Eclair.UCJH7. I was wondering if this will change the instructions for me to use your ROM. Thanks in advance! Your ROM looks amazing! Although all the steps seem intimidating to a noob to say the least! lol

PS: Is there a good place to find all the links you require? I found the samsung drivers but I am having trouble finding the others. Thanks!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by SergioJAM View Post
    Hi Dorian, im a little newer on this stuffs, im afraid to flash some custom rom, but yours looks so perfect!! i really want it !! hehe

A question: If im running the unofficial froyo 2.2 on my captivate, do i have to reflash at stock eclair to install your rom?
    Thanks a lot for your support!!
    Whatever version you have currently doesn't really matter... The flash back to stock 2.1 will re-format and re-partition all the /system storage, so it gets rid of any problems that would normally be caused by just flashing over the top of another ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post
    I've had this problem on every Froyo ROM I've tried whether it is I-9000 or Captivate based, under contacts in groups I have like 195 contacts in the "not assigned" group. They all seem to have google.com/profiles listed as website. Is this crap from Google Buzz? Any idea how to make it go away? I can't add them to a group all at once to delete them.
    Hmm.. I'm actually not sure. But I'll look into that for you!

Quote Originally Posted by bjpjjs View Post
    Hi Dorian,

What are instructions for installing the ver 3 from version 2.

Thanks
    V3 is a system wipe, because there are so many changes, some big, some small. A system wipe is the best way to keep from getting force-closes and such. So before upgrading, back up your important stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by bopicasso View Post
    Hello Dorian,
    I purchased a captivate yesterday morning and the Build number is Eclair.UCJH7. I was wondering if this will change the instructions for me to use your ROM. Thanks in advance! Your ROM looks amazing! Although all the steps seem intimidating to a noob to say the least! lol

PS: Is there a good place to find all the links you require? I found the samsung drivers but I am having trouble finding the others. Thanks!
    Nope, won't change a thing. That's why the link to stock 2.1 is there.. It puts everyone on a level playing field, while also cleaning up the internal storage. I'm about to fix one of those links right now..

Excellent! I currently have the one click root, your ROM and the samsung drivers installed. Is there any other files I will need besides the stock 2.1 to get the job done?

Also about disabling the lagfix. I just bought this phone, does it come with a lagfix that needs to be disabled or is this a app found in the market like voodoo.
    UPDATE

Thanks for the quick link to the stock 2.1! Sorry for all the dumb questions, I just want my first time to go as smooth as possible.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Excellent! I currently have the one click root, your ROM and the samsung drivers installed. Is there any other files I will need besides the stock 2.1 to get the job done?

Also about disabling the lagfix. I just bought this phone, does it come with a lagfix that needs to be disabled or is this a app found in the market like voodoo.
    UPDATE

Thanks for the quick link to the stock 2.1! Sorry for all the dumb questions, I just want my first time to go as smooth as possible.
    Nope, that's about all you need. The lagfix is automatically set at first boot, so you don't have to do anything. All you have to do is follow the instructions, and you should be fine.

Pay close attn to the order where you plug your phone up, because if it's not in order, ODIN errors out. It won't hurt anything, but it won't flash unless ODIN is running _before_ you plug your phone in.

Im at the step :
    Download SGS One Click Root *PC* or *MAC*, and run it.
    And when i unzip it and try to run the Galaxy S I9000 One-Click Root it gives me a "The app was unable to start correctly" message.

Im at the step :
    Download SGS One Click Root *PC* or *MAC*, and run it.
    And when i unzip it and try to run the Galaxy S I9000 One-Click Root it gives me a "The app was unable to start correctly" message.
    Here's an easier way:

1) Download the update.zip file here.
    2) Place it on the root of your SD card.
    3) Turn off your phone.
    4) While holding the up and down volume rocker down, press and hold the power button until you see the AT&T World Phone screen twice.
    5) When the AT&T World Phone appears for the 2nd time, release the power button but continue to hold the volume rocker.
    6) Select "Reinstall Packages" (You may have to do this twice to enter Clockwork Recovery, but that's normal)
    7) Then proceed with the rest of Dorian's steps to install the rom.
    8) Profit!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethere View Post
    Here's an easier way:

1) Download the update.zip file here.
    2) Place it on the root of your SD card.
    3) Turn off your phone.
    4) While holding the up and down volume rocker down, press and hold the power button until you see the AT&T World Phone screen twice.
    5) When the AT&T World Phone appears for the 2nd time, release the power button but continue to hold the volume rocker.
    6) Select "Reinstall Packages" (You may have to do this twice to enter Clockwork Recovery, but that's normal)
    7) Then proceed with the rest of Dorian's steps to install the rom.
    8) Profit!
    Indeed. That is the other method. Thanks Ethere!

Ok.. Im stuck again.. lol I really do appreciate the patience to walk me through this ..

My phone does not show up on my windows explorer now. I have debugging on and the phone is mounted.
    Also when I go to settings - sd cards and storage, it shows no internal sd card.. Do I need to put my sim back in?

UPDATE!

Ok after reinserting sim we are found!

But when selecting to reinstall the package, it cant find it. I renamed the folder to update.zip. And put it on the sd card. Did I not put it in the correct location? It says root, but im not sure where that is located.
    HELP please!

Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links