-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; I've intalled rom manager, but when I click Flash CWM Recovery, it doesn't do anything. I just sits there with an empty progress bar and ...

Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

I've intalled rom manager, but when I click Flash CWM Recovery, it doesn't do anything. I just sits there with an empty progress bar and spinning icon.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by bopicasso View Post
    Ok.. Im stuck again.. lol I really do appreciate the patience to walk me through this ..

My phone does not show up on my windows explorer now. I have debugging on and the phone is mounted.
    Also when I go to settings - sd cards and storage, it shows no internal sd card.. Do I need to put my sim back in?

UPDATE!

Ok after reinserting sim we are found!

But when selecting to reinstall the package, it cant find it. I renamed the folder to update.zip. And put it on the sd card. Did I not put it in the correct location? It says root, but im not sure where that is located.
    HELP please!
    When your phone is mounted as storage to your computer, you can't see the SD Storage on the phone itself... you have to unmount it to use the SD on the phone.

Also, if you put the update.zip on the internal SD and didn't unmount the storage, then there's probably data corruption... you have to unmount cleanly for everything to work right.

Did you unpack the zip to a folder on the SD? If so, delete it and just put the whole update.zip on there. Don't unpack it.

I did unzip it and renamed the file update.zip then dragged it into the K drive which is my internal sd.

I deleted the folder i copied and dragged the zip file onto the K drive (internal sd).

I still get the same message when i choose reinstall package :

Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    E: Can't open /sdcard/update.zip (No suck file or directory)
    Installation aborted

Under windows explorer the folder is zipped and named update, but when I open it in my files on the captivate it shows up as update.zip and its located in /sdcard/sd

Did I cause data corruption? What should my next step be???

OK, after about 12 reboots to get the apps that I need to do this working, I've successfully flashed it! This was my first time, and you have made it a joy. lol This rom is brilliant! Thank you

Im stuck please help!!!!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    I did unzip it and renamed the file update.zip then dragged it into the K drive which is my internal sd.

I deleted the folder i copied and dragged the zip file onto the K drive (internal sd).

I still get the same message when i choose reinstall package :

Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    E: Can't open /sdcard/update.zip (No suck file or directory)
    Installation aborted

Under windows explorer the folder is zipped and named update, but when I open it in my files on the captivate it shows up as update.zip and its located in /sdcard/sd

Did I cause data corruption? What should my next step be???
    It should be located at /sdcard not /sdcard/sd.

Make sure to cleanly unmount from your phone... drop the notification bar and select "turn off usb storage".

Ok I put it in the right place and updated it. It went worked and came to green lettering that said Flash Clockwork Recovery and gave a few options. The first was reboot. I chose that. I downloaded the Rom manager but it says my phone is not rooted. I dont have the superuser under apps. Please help! This is taking me hours lol, thanks for the patience Dorian, hope im not driving you crazy!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    I figured out what my computer was finding was my external sd, not my internal. I unmounted the external, now how do I get my computer to find my internal sd? This is taking me hours lol, thanks for the patience Dorian, hope im not driving you crazy!
    LOL.. No problem... You should just take out the external SD. Just take it out until you have everything installed. That way, when you mount your phone, the only drive showing is always the internal.

whoops I edited my last post after you replied lol...

Ok I put it in the right place and updated it. It worked and came to green lettering that said Flash Clockwork Recovery and gave a few options. The first was reboot. I chose that. I downloaded the Rom manager but it says my phone is not rooted. I dont have the superuser under apps.

Should I start over from scratch???

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    whoops I edited my last post after you replied lol...

Ok I put it in the right place and updated it. It worked and came to green lettering that said Flash Clockwork Recovery and gave a few options. The first was reboot. I chose that. I downloaded the Rom manager but it says my phone is not rooted. I dont have the superuser under apps.
    If you have already put the ROM on the internal SD, just reboot into ClockworkMod recovery by turning your phone off, and holding both volume buttons while pressing the power button like in the OP... then just "flash zip from SD card", then "choose zip from SD" then find the ROM and flash it... then watch it install then reboot.

Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links