-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; I am on V3, but the News and Weather widget will not display the high temp or the wind speed. The app won't either. Is ...

Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

I am on V3, but the News and Weather widget will not display the high temp or the wind speed. The app won't either. Is that just because the Weather Channel doesn't have that data for the city I'm in, or is it a rom thing? Just wondering.

I have unchecked all under phone and still shows contacts from SIM card. Maybe a bug.

I had the same problem, so I just deleted them since all of my contacts are saved to my Google account, as well, and synced automatically.

I found a bug. The battery icon disappears from the notification bar when the phone reaches 5% or lower battery.

EDIT: Sorry. It disappears at 6%, but comes back at 5%.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Wow.. Ok. Thanks for posting those! I'll look into the battery gauge issues and the contacts issues tonight...

About the News and Weather widget, mine is displaying correctly. I'm guessing it's as you think. Most of the other Weather type apps I've tried have been using Google to aggregate weather conditions... but this one is using The Weather Channel, and I've had issues with their feeds before.

I just updated to rev4 and when I execute task manager I see a bright colored light on the edge of my screen. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

I installed your v2 of this ROM on Tuesday. It's been pretty stable and has all the
    functions I like from the XXJPY version I loaded last weekend. The GPS works better
    with this ROM, and it has better battery life. I was going to flash the v3 version
    tonight, but I see that v4 is available now, but with a few issues. I appreciate you
    trying to improve both these ROMs and will upgrade again after this weekend (going on
    vacation and don't want to risk the phone for the trip...).

One minor issue with the Digital Clock Widget I'm using, the bottom of the date is
    missing:

Don't know if that's an issue with the UI or with the widget...

Thanks again,
    George

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jorj7 View Post
    I installed your v2 of this ROM on Tuesday. It's been pretty stable and has all the
    functions I like from the XXJPY version I loaded last weekend. The GPS works better
    with this ROM, and it has better battery life. I was going to flash the v3 version
    tonight, but I see that v4 is available now, but with a few issues. I appreciate you
    trying to improve both these ROMs and will upgrade again after this weekend (going on
    vacation and don't want to risk the phone for the trip...).

One minor issue with the Digital Clock Widget I'm using, the bottom of the date is
    missing:

Don't know if that's an issue with the UI or with the widget...

Thanks again,
    George
    Thanks! Nice setup BTW! I like the colors.

About the time widget, it's a known issue with the Launcher2. Launcher2 is the stock FroYo launcher from the Nexus phones. You can try ADWLauncher or LauncherPro from the market and see if those work right. <-- Those two offer you options to "resize" widgets.

Dorian, just wanted to let you know that I love the rom! The few small changes in v4 are not enough for me to upgrade just yet...
    I have it all set up with my apps and I love it! Thank you very much!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by bopicasso View Post
    Dorian, just wanted to let you know that I love the rom! The few small changes in v4 are not enough for me to upgrade just yet...
    I have it all set up with my apps and I love it! Thank you very much!
    Thanks!

If you already have V3, you can use the update.zip to flash V4's changes without having to disable the Lagfix or loose any data. With the update.zip, all your stuff stays, and just updates some apps.

Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links