-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Thanks I did that with the ODIN and it doesn't do anything just says all threads completed ( success 0 failed 1) if I hit ...

Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Thanks I did that with the ODIN and it doesn't do anything just says all threads completed ( success 0 failed 1) if I hit start again it says the samed thing only difference is that both success and failure read 0. I have the external card out. The SD file is missing when looking on the pc but it shows in the directory of the phone when not connected to the pc?

Also how do I diable the lag fix I thought I did everything in the proper sequence I must have messed something up thanks for your help. My kernal shows 2.6.29 and firmware 2.1 update1.

Build eclaire

BJP

Looks like you have put Eclair back on to your phone. Now you need to root it and install ROM Manager to install the ROM file.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    ^He's right. Looks like ODIN did it's job.

Hi I ran everything again just like the post from racer suggested but when I go to put the new rom on the SD card ( internal it is not visible on my pc. It shows external SD but there is no sd file it is visible from the device however?? Do I need to put my external card back on the phone in order for the internal sd card to be visible??

Thanks for your help . I was looking around and did see something about once a master clean is done sd is not visible any more I hope that isn;t true.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Hmm... Describe exactly what you are doing.

Should be:
    Go to Settings --> Applications --> Development and enable USB Debugging. Once that is enabled go back to the home screen, plug your phone into your computer, then drop the notification bar and select turn on usb storage... then it should pop up on your computer what you want to do with it.

If your external SD is out of your phone, there should only be one drive visible when you mount your phone to Windows. That's the one you put the ROM on.

Looks like I screwed up debugging mode I thought that debugging was for just the first part.
    I am such a NOOB!
    I am very sorry to trouble and really apreciate you helping out.

I have the froyo splash screen giong now.

THanks again and have a good weekend Can't wait to try this rom out!

Question: I have used the phone all day (battery is at ~20%). When I check the Battery Status screen, though, it doesn't show that any apps have used any battery, only hardware things like the display, Wifi, and cell radio. I used PowerAmp for a good 30 minutes today and on Eclair that would have shown up with at least 5% battery usage. I was just wondering if this was because Froyo was more efficient with running apps or if they just aren't displaying for some reason.

Has anyone else had a problem adding a corporate emai account I add email and password and then try to click next but thenext button appears broken even after a re boot a couple of times.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpjjs View Post
    Looks like I screwed up debugging mode I thought that debugging was for just the first part.
    I am such a NOOB!
    I am very sorry to trouble and really apreciate you helping out.

I have the froyo splash screen giong now.

THanks again and have a good weekend Can't wait to try this rom out!
    Nice! Glad you got it sorted out!

Quote Originally Posted by kerrrrvin View Post
    Question: I have used the phone all day (battery is at ~20%). When I check the Battery Status screen, though, it doesn't show that any apps have used any battery, only hardware things like the display, Wifi, and cell radio. I used PowerAmp for a good 30 minutes today and on Eclair that would have shown up with at least 5% battery usage. I was just wondering if this was because Froyo was more efficient with running apps or if they just aren't displaying for some reason.
    None of the FroYo ROM's I've seen from Samsung have that feature, but it's coming in Gingerbread. On the whole though, FroYo is usually better at app management than Eclair. If you'd like some extra assurance, download "Spare Parts" from the market and set memory management to "Aggressive".

Quote Originally Posted by bjpjjs View Post
    Has anyone else had a problem adding a corporate emai account I add email and password and then try to click next but thenext button appears broken even after a re boot a couple of times.
    Interesting. I haven't used that feature. I just usually use the GMail app. I'll look into it though.

Sorry. I'm not worried about memory management. I just like to know how much battery each app uses. The official eclair rom always showed what percentage of the battery power was used by which apps, but Froyo is only showing how much battery the hardware components use.

Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links