-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Hi There. I have a crazy idea. Since Nexus S is Galaxy S hardware is it possible to get the ROM from Nexus S and ...

Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Hi There. I have a crazy idea. Since Nexus S is Galaxy S hardware is it possible to get the ROM from Nexus S and install it to Galaxy S than we will be free as a bird. Is that even possible?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by cuneyyy View Post
    Hi There. I have a crazy idea. Since Nexus S is Galaxy S hardware is it possible to get the ROM from Nexus S and install it to Galaxy S than we will be free as a bird. Is that even possible?
    Actually it is... but it's not at a usable state ATM. Supercurio is working with some people to get the kernel built, so that everything will work. Right now, the audio/graphics/opengl work perfect... but the wireless is a different story. The Nexus S has a different radio stack, and it's iffy at best right now. For instance, if you turn on WiFi, then put your device to sleep without turning off the WiFi before hand, your phone won't wake up and has to be reset. There are minor differences in the hardware.

But once the kernel makes some progress, things will be just fine. I'm keeping track of what's happening, and I'll let you guys know when things are good enough to have a "daily driver" ROM.

Dorian this rom is coming along very nicely. I have another Captivate for my wife. She's very nervous about doing anything to her phone other than the JH7 OTA update. But, she saw your screenshots and loved the font that you're using in this rom. Do you happen to have an APK file for the font by itself, or some other way of installing it?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethere View Post
    Dorian this rom is coming along very nicely. I have another Captivate for my wife. She's very nervous about doing anything to her phone other than the JH7 OTA update. But, she saw your screenshots and loved the font that you're using in this rom. Do you happen to have an APK file for the font by itself, or some other way of installing it?
    Sure! There are two ways to install this font onto stock Captivates. But both require rooting unfortunately. You could do a temporary root and install it, then unroot though... the other way is to root and use a root file explorer to replace some files.

Let me know which way, and I'll post up the info and the fonts.

I already have the phone rooted, and I'm running root explorer. So that would be the best way for me. Thanks!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    OK... so here is the zip with the font folder. What you want to do is unzip it on your computer, and place the "fonts" folder on your phone's storage. From there, go into your file manager, navigate to /system and delete "fonts". Now copy the fonts folder on your SD to /system to replace the one you deleted...

Now reboot and enjoy...

Dorian you are the man. I must say, out of everyone that's built a rom, or something to contribute to the Captivate community, you've been the most helpful out of them all. Thanks so much. This worked like a charm. Where's your thank button mod?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethere View Post
    Dorian you are the man. I must say, out of everyone that's built a rom, or something to contribute to the Captivate community, you've been the most helpful out of them all. Thanks so much. This worked like a charm. Where's your thank button mod?
    Thanks! I'm just happy to help out.

Hey Dorian, I was concidering going back to your original UGJK3 version and do some experimenting. Is there a way for me to install the flip style screen animations, and is there a way for me to change the way the phone identifies itself?

Dorian,

I was wondering if my only option to close open apps is to use app killer? Is there a way to have them closed when I leave each app?

Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links