-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; hey dorian, followed everything so far, but when i reboot in restore mode using the rom manager, there is no option to install zip from ...

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

hey dorian, followed everything so far, but when i reboot in restore mode using the rom manager, there is no option to install zip from sd card, there is only a reboot, and wipe cache and delete user data option. What am i doing wrong?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    If its the first time using clockworkmod recovery... you will be presented with samsungs default recovery first. You can tell its samsungs default if it has blue text. From samsungs default recovery select reinstall packages. After it installs, it will reboot itself into the correct recovery, which will have green text saying ClockworkMod recovery at the top.

Thanks for pointing that out! I'll edit that into my guide. :-)

Going to try this out when I get home. Super excited about the haptic feedback for the Gingerbread keyboard. This is really my only motivation for the ROM to start but it is looking pretty solid overall. I will post my results/issues/loves/hates..etc.

It Worked !

Dorian,
    I took the plunge and installed it. The link ypu provided for the SGS One Click Root did not work for me (is it for MAC's ?) I searched for & used a Galaxy One Click Root. After that and your help, all went well with the install and the screen "wigs" scared me a bit, bit it finished well and after reboot .... TaDa ! Great.
    Thanks for a much better Captivate without all the AT&T bloat, faster, good GPS and many more plus the Gingerbread themes to boot!
    The Bluetooth connection to my car worked perfectly also. The only thing that maybe is not working is in the Power Off pop up there is an option to reboot but when I tried it it turned off the phone but did not restart. :confused: But that is no biggie. Thanks again.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Nice! I'm glad it worked for you! Oh, and I fixed the One Click Root links.

What can I use for enabling 3rd party apps?

Installed yesterday and have had no problems thus far. Just two minor annoyances from a day of use:

• The battery icon in the status bar is tiny. Very hard to read the percentage.
    • The clock app does not have as many settings as the stock app (No setting for alarm volume. It was LOUD this morning).

Things changed that I like:

• New font.
    • Variety of ringtones.
    • Gingerbread w/ haptic
    • Gingerbread theme (minus battery)
    • Very speedy (1200ghz)

I am not sure if I have experienced lag at all with the ROM. I might be so used to it that it was overlooked.

Dorian,
    I can connect the Samsung to my PC (Win 7 Home Premium) using bluetooth and it creates a modem connection but I can't connect with that modem to WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM, I keep getting error 777. Have you tried that ?
    The USB connection does work and one can access the internet (Tethered). I also tested the access point application and that one works very well also.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Danhare4 View Post
    What can I use for enabling 3rd party apps?
    UGJK3 is a european GT-i9000 base ROM, so by default it doesn't have any of the crazy AT&T restrictions. Sideloading apps should be enabled by default. If it's not enabled, go to Settings > Applications > and check "Unknown Sources".

Quote Originally Posted by vic007 View Post
    Dorian,
    I can connect the Samsung to my PC (Win 7 Home Premium) using bluetooth and it creates a modem connection but I can't connect with that modem to WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM, I keep getting error 777. Have you tried that ?
    The USB connection does work and one can access the internet (Tethered). I also tested the access point application and that one works very well also.
    Hmm... I'm not sure on that one? I've only ever used the WiFi AP. The only thing I know for sure that works as a BT modem is PDANet.

Is there anyway I could modify this for myself??

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links