-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; how about adding the track forward and track back on a long volume button press like cyanogen?...

Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

how about adding the track forward and track back on a long volume button press like cyanogen?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by nanoak View Post
    how about adding the track forward and track back on a long volume button press like cyanogen?
    Nice! I never thought of that, as I've always used the Samsung player. I'll look into the CyanogenMod player.

Welcome to the forums BTW!

thx, sounds like i picked a good night to join. Watching for the update.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by nanoak View Post
    thx, sounds like i picked a good night to join. Watching for the update.
    I just posted the link for V5 in the original post. I'll get the Cyanogen player in an update a little later tomorrow.

Is the new kernel a downgrade or upgrade. I like the original overclocked version included in v4, it has the best quadrant and linpack scores on my phone and makes me feel like my phone performs better lol. I see we need the new kernel to run vodoo though. Also is this a clean wipe? If so will u be adding a update for v4 users.

Does linpack and quadrant really give the user a good idea of the performance capabilities?
    Thx Dorian!

Hey Dorian,

I flashed back to version 5 of this rom and the email set up didn't work initally but I played with it a little bit and got it to work by typing in a lot of letters some how seems to activeate the buttons below the password area I then delted the long string and put in my information and it worked so if anyone else was strugling with it they may want to try and type much longer string of letters it seemed like each line user and pw needed to have at least 10 letters/numbers and then the next button became active. Anyway this latest versin is great love the voodoo and larger text with swype.
    Thanks a lot for your time you make it possible to really get the most out of these great but crippled phones thanks to att.

Thanks again!!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by bopicasso View Post
    Is the new kernel a downgrade or upgrade. I like the original overclocked version included in v4, it has the best quadrant and linpack scores on my phone and makes me feel like my phone performs better lol. I see we need the new kernel to run vodoo though. Also is this a clean wipe? If so will u be adding a update for v4 users.

Does linpack and quadrant really give the user a good idea of the performance capabilities?
    Thx Dorian!
    You can still use the overclocked kernel, but it will give you worse battery life and no Voodoo sound. Linpack and Quadrant don't really indicate real world performance, but linpack IS better than Quadrant. I can do some things with settings and get a 2300 in Quadrant, but you'll never be able to see what that score does in real life, because it really does nothing.... except shorten the internal memory's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpjjs View Post
    Hey Dorian,

I flashed back to version 5 of this rom and the email set up didn't work initally but I played with it a little bit and got it to work by typing in a lot of letters some how seems to activeate the buttons below the password area I then delted the long string and put in my information and it worked so if anyone else was strugling with it they may want to try and type much longer string of letters it seemed like each line user and pw needed to have at least 10 letters/numbers and then the next button became active. Anyway this latest versin is great love the voodoo and larger text with swype.
    Thanks a lot for your time you make it possible to really get the most out of these great but crippled phones thanks to att.

Thanks again!!
    Very nice! So that's how! I've tried Email apps from several different phones, including the one from both Nexus phones, and the Galaxy Tab... just trying to figure out why none of them worked..LOL. Glad you found that out!

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Hi - Another new guy. I have a Captivate. I have flashed back to stock JF6.
    USB Debugging is on.
    I have rooted. Superuser is present.
    I have rom manager installed.
    I have copyed your rom over with the name Dorian's_UGJK3_2.2_V5.zip. Left it named your original name.
    I run rom manager, select reboot into recovery. Phone reboots. I have the blue text.
    select reinstall packages
    I get "Can't open /sdcard/update.zip" (no such file or directory) Installation aborted.
    What do I need to do next? Do I use the persons update.zip a few pages back to reinstall packages?

Thank you
    Superdog404

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    From ROM manager you have to flash ClockworkMod Recovery... You'll see it as an option inside ROM Manager. Make sure you pick "captivate" not any of the other Galaxy S phones.

After flashing ClockworkMod Recovery, select reboot into recovery, then when it reboots you'll see the blue samsung text, select re-install, then it reboots, then comes back to the blue text once more.. select re-install packages then it takes you to clockworkmod recovery.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

That did it Dorian! I had already flashed the recovery. It had a recovery version of I think 2.5.1.5. I went ahead and did it again per your instructions. This time when I rebooted into recovery mod the phone did it right and continued with the install.

Thank you very much Dorian! For your help and this fine rom. Now to play and get used to it.
    Superdog404

Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links