-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by superdog404 That did it Dorian! I had already flashed the recovery. It had a recovery version of I think 2.5.1.5. I went ...

Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by superdog404 View Post
    That did it Dorian! I had already flashed the recovery. It had a recovery version of I think 2.5.1.5. I went ahead and did it again per your instructions. This time when I rebooted into recovery mod the phone did it right and continued with the install.

Thank you very much Dorian! For your help and this fine rom. Now to play and get used to it.
    Superdog404
    Nice! Glad you got it working! Enjoy.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Dorian, I actually had a problem with the new ROM. When I tried to use the regular gingerbread keyboard it constantly tells me it had to forceclose. I also could not figure out how to control the voodoo sound. What I did notice was the sound did not seem as clear or powerful as with the audioboost. I was wondering if you considered including the audioboost with the ROM? I realized with the audioboost that you can disable the notification and set it to turn on automatically so you don't even realize it is there.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrae View Post
    Dorian, I actually had a problem with the new ROM. When I tried to use the regular gingerbread keyboard it constantly tells me it had to forceclose. I also could not figure out how to control the voodoo sound. What I did notice was the sound did not seem as clear or powerful as with the audioboost. I was wondering if you considered including the audioboost with the ROM? I realized with the audioboost that you can disable the notification and set it to turn on automatically so you don't even realize it is there.
    You're having a keyboard problem with JK3? I thought I fixed that... Hmm. You control the Voodoo sound through the Voodoo Control App, which you can find in the launcher. I find if you don't turn it up all the way in the Voodoo Control App, just enough, that it's wayy better than AudioBoost. AudioBoost eats CPU cycles like crazy, and if you're running a live wallpaper, it's very apparent. Anyways, I can't include AudioBoost because it's a paid app.

What I did for now was go back to the setup that was working for me. I will give the new ROM another shot. What do you think about the keyboard situation? Also, how do I access the voodoo through the launcher? I am not sure what you mean.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    The Voodoo Control App is listed in the Launcher right beside the YouTube app... Here's what my normal volume is set at...

I used ODIN to flash back to 2.1 before giving V5 a try. Unfortuantely, ODIN crashed and i got the Red Screen of Death on the Captivate. No Download mode, no recovery mode, off to the store to buy some resistors.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by nanoak View Post
    I used ODIN to flash back to 2.1 before giving V5 a try. Unfortuantely, ODIN crashed and i got the Red Screen of Death on the Captivate. No Download mode, no recovery mode, off to the store to buy some resistors.
    Wow. I'm very sorry to hear that! It must have crashed while flashing the sbl.bin which is the bootloader. Seems as though you've read up on the jig method... do let us know if its successful!

the gingerbread keyboard

i am brand new to flashing and roms yours is the first one i have tryed, now on to my problem: the gingerbread keyboard does not work at all it does not pop up or anything it says: the application Gingerbread keyboard (process net.thinkdifferent.inputmethod.latin) has stoped un expectedly. Please try again. but it never works i need to know how to either fix it or delete it and down load it from How to Install Gingerbread Keyboard on Galaxy S | Android Advices

I am currently running V4 and have no problems with the gingerbread keyboard. And I do prefer the gingerbread keyboard over the swype. So I plan to wait till it is fixed on V5 before upgrading..

i have actually just fixed it i downloaded xda-developers it works like a charm now :-)

Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links