-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by cuneyyy Quick question. I can't get Quick Office working with this ROM. Is there a way to get that fixed. Thank you. ...

Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by cuneyyy View Post
    Quick question. I can't get Quick Office working with this ROM. Is there a way to get that fixed. Thank you.
    Sure. I'll see what's wrong there and post back in a little while...

Quote Originally Posted by bopicasso View Post
    Dorian,
    I was wondering if you could change the model number from samsung-sgh-i897 to GT-i9000 on v5 so I will be able to buy the gameloft games. Thanks!
    I can indeed. Though I've found that it messes with some other US based websites like MSN.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Well if you think it causes more problems than its worth then u don't have to change that. I didn't know it affects other sites..

[QUOTE=Dorian;15840]Sure. I'll see what's wrong there and post back in a little while...

Do Not worry. I know what is wrong. I have back up that app from original ROM and have not use it since. Most likely it was not working with other versions also. I think it can not be transferred from a different ROM. Thanks anyway. I have download a free version it is okay for now.

Hi Dorian - Your rom is the GREATEST! I am so glad I finely decided to install this. My phone is like a new fine piece of machinery. Thank you so much. A question for you or anyone, is it possible to just drop a poweron.wav into the /etc folder and have it work? I know most like the quiet but I kinda miss it. Not necessarily the stock AT&T sound but something else.

Thank you
    Dorian

Quote Originally Posted by superdog404 View Post
    Hi Dorian - Your rom is the GREATEST! I am so glad I finely decided to install this. My phone is like a new fine piece of machinery. Thank you so much. A question for you or anyone, is it possible to just drop a poweron.wav into the /etc folder and have it work? I know most like the quiet but I kinda miss it. Not necessarily the stock AT&T sound but something else.

Thank you
    Dorian
    I actually agree with you about the power on sound. I kind of miss it. I like the power off sound as well, to be quite honest!

Great ROM, nice work ;)

On a Samsung i897 this firmware runs great. I especially appreciate the more aggressive CPU scaling, as I feel the default is too conservative. The CPU hardly uses much battery regardless, when compared to the display. Well, nice work - well done, beautiful. Please keep us updated.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by superdog404 View Post

Thank you
    Dorian
    Glad you're enjoying it! The startup sound, if you'd like one can be placed there... It was just a personal choice not to include one, as I'm in a quiet environment when I'm working on ROM's.

Quote Originally Posted by goofium View Post
    On a Samsung i897 this firmware runs great. I especially appreciate the more aggressive CPU scaling, as I feel the default is too conservative. The CPU hardly uses much battery regardless, when compared to the display. Well, nice work - well done, beautiful. Please keep us updated.
    Very true. The S-AMOLED consumes MUCH MUCH more power than the CPU...

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Glad you're enjoying it! The startup sound, if you'd like one can be placed there... It was just a personal choice not to include one, as I'm in a quiet environment when I'm working on ROM's.

Very true. The S-AMOLED consumes MUCH MUCH more power than the CPU...
    What I have noticed with V5 it uses much less battery than all the other versions. V4 use to last half day V5 goes almost all day. This is definitely your masterpiece. Thank you.

well since this is my first rom i was just wondering when ever you update it to like v 6 or something will i have to start all over again and lose all my app data like how far a got in games and such? or is it like a real phone update and i keep all my pics settings apps and everything? idk so i am just asking

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by randysnp View Post
    well since this is my first rom i was just wondering when ever you update it to like v 6 or something will i have to start all over again and lose all my app data like how far a got in games and such? or is it like a real phone update and i keep all my pics settings apps and everything? idk so i am just asking
    I try not to have full system wipes between versions. But sometimes to incorporate new features, it's the only way. V6 will not be a wipe. You'll be able to keep everything with V6.... when it's ready to drop, anyways.

Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links