-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by Danhare4 Is there anyway I could modify this for myself?? Sure, just download it and add what you want to it then ...

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Danhare4 View Post
    Is there anyway I could modify this for myself??
    Sure, just download it and add what you want to it then flash it.

How could I add stuff, did you use like a coding language or a program??

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    You just have to know Android's file structure. Most things are just drag and drop.

Your apps go in /system/app
    Themes go in /system/framework
    etc..

Dorian,

I noticed that sometimes when I lock my phone, the soft keys st the bottom stay lot.

Hi Dorian! Great Rom and instructions!!! I rooted my phone and installed your Gingerbread ROM - I love it...My phone is cooking! Apps that worked terrible with Eclair are now running beautifully!

I agree with Danhare4 - The soft keys do stay lit sometimes when the phone is locked

I haev also notice that the haptic feedback is a little screwy...Changing the level in settings does not incresase the vibration and I have noticed that the home key does not give feedback when you hit it

Two MINOR glitches that are WELL worth it to get to use your unbelivable fast and lean OS - No ATT bloatware was a nice touch...Keep fighting the good fight Dorian...Ill be looking forward to some new ROMS from you!!!

Merry Christmas!

Hi Dorian...Last question

Do you have a list of apps that you recommend for the Rooted Droid...must haves???

Also, is this custom rom setup to have all the most effecient power settings...Is there an opportunity to optimize the phone for power saving...I have a hunch you already have that incorporated in the build

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Danhare4 View Post
    Dorian,

I noticed that sometimes when I lock my phone, the soft keys st the bottom stay lot.
    Actually, that's called Backlight Notification. What it does is light the keys up when you have any kind of notification (SMS, EMail, etc..). You can turn it off by going into ROM Manager and rebooting into recovery... from recovery look under "Advanced SpeedMod ULK Features" then "BLN Options". Then you can enable/disable it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by civ122 View Post
    Hi Dorian! Great Rom and instructions!!! I rooted my phone and installed your Gingerbread ROM - I love it...My phone is cooking! Apps that worked terrible with Eclair are now running beautifully!

I agree with Danhare4 - The soft keys do stay lit sometimes when the phone is locked

I haev also notice that the haptic feedback is a little screwy...Changing the level in settings does not incresase the vibration and I have noticed that the home key does not give feedback when you hit it

Two MINOR glitches that are WELL worth it to get to use your unbelivable fast and lean OS - No ATT bloatware was a nice touch...Keep fighting the good fight Dorian...Ill be looking forward to some new ROMS from you!!!

Merry Christmas!
    The reason the haptic feedback is a little screwy is because this is an i9000 ROM. The Galaxy S GT-i9000 only has 3 buttons along the bottom, so they had to be remapped for the Captivate, and since the "Home" button on the i9000 is actually a clicky button, it doesn't have a vibration function. But I'm glad it's working well for you! Merry Christmas to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by civ122 View Post
    Hi Dorian...Last question

Do you have a list of apps that you recommend for the Rooted Droid...must haves???

Also, is this custom rom setup to have all the most effecient power settings...Is there an opportunity to optimize the phone for power saving...I have a hunch you already have that incorporated in the build
    Well, these are the ones I have installed: Audioboost 2 (dramatically increases headphone volume), ROM Manager, Root Explorer, Screenshot, Titanium Backup, and Voltage Control.

Voltage control will be able to give you marginally better battery life because it lets you undervolt your CPU. It won't affect performance at all, but depending on your phone you may or may not be able to undervolt. That's why I didn't include it as preset. The Hummingbird is a great processor, but like any other CPU, it has batches that may be of better quality than others. For instance, the Captivate can be overclocked to 1.6GHz, but there's only a handful of devices that can actually run that frequency stable. Others will freeze, or go into a boot loop because they can't handle it. Same goes for undervolting. Some will be able to undervolt more than others. You just have to try your luck with that. I tried to make my ROM as frugal as possible to keep battery life decent though.

Mine is one of the lucky batches that can actually run 1.6GHz stable, but at that frequency it has unbelievably bad battery life...

Does this rom support wifi hotspots or tether only

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    Does this rom support wifi hotspots or tether only
    It has WiFi AP and USB Tethering built into it. You'll find it under Settings->Wireless And Network->Mobile AP or Tethering.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Voltage control will be able to give you marginally better battery life because it lets you undervolt your CPU. It won't affect performance at all, but depending on your phone you may or may not be able to undervolt. That's why I didn't include it as preset. The Hummingbird is a great processor, but like any other CPU, it has batches that may be of better quality than others. For instance, the Captivate can be overclocked to 1.6GHz, but there's only a handful of devices that can actually run that frequency stable. Others will freeze, or go into a boot loop because they can't handle it. Same goes for undervolting. Some will be able to undervolt more than others. You just have to try your luck with that. I tried to make my ROM as frugal as possible to keep battery life decent though.

Mine is one of the lucky batches that can actually run 1.6GHz stable, but at that frequency it has unbelievably bad battery life...
    How much do you think we can undervolt before the phone has stability issues?

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links