-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; I can also confirm that after installing the hotfix for the keyboard, the gingerbread keyboard is completely gone. I'm a HUGE fan of the MTM ...

Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

I can also confirm that after installing the hotfix for the keyboard, the gingerbread keyboard is completely gone. I'm a HUGE fan of the MTM Blackout Orange keyboard though, so I doubt I'll use the gingerbread keyboard anyway.

Hi Dorian. Did you have any problems with AT&T wifi hotspots looks like I can not sign in to hot spots. Any ideas? And for V6 could you add better white balance it looks grayish especially on Internet.

The gingerbread keyboard disappeared for me too. I like Swype, so it's not a big deal.

Would it be possible to add 5x4 icons on the launcher screen(s)? Go Launcher provides this feature, but it's nowhere near as slick and smooth as this gingerbread-themed launcher.

Thanks Dorian for all of your hard work on this - it is VERY appreciated.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by goofium View Post
    You know, evaluating my Galaxy Tab, it *seems* there are a few hacks provided from Google (or made by Samsung) to facilitate the not-yet-complete support of Tablets, as it is installed with 2.2. There is no OTA update, and I can only dream an update to 2.3 will ever come. This firmware really should be reasonably compatible with that device, i987 (yes, 987 instead of 897 [captivate], as if they wanted to confuse people).

I'll be going with their stock firmware on the Tab, for now, due to these special 'hacks', but I wonder if you have any plans for supporting this device? Note that the 'hacks' I presume exist *could* just be in my imagination.
    I actually do plan on supporting the Galaxy Tab in the near future... Actually working on Gingerbread for that one. The Galaxy Tab is actually a lot more like the Nexus S than the Captivate is... so there's less roadblocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickeroar View Post
    I can also confirm that after installing the hotfix for the keyboard, the gingerbread keyboard is completely gone. I'm a HUGE fan of the MTM Blackout Orange keyboard though, so I doubt I'll use the gingerbread keyboard anyway.
    Hmm... The update for the keyboard must have replaced the stock Gingerbread Keyboard with MTM Blackout Orange, as that's the one I use. I meant to include the regular one, but I'm glad you're enjoying the MTM keyboard. IMO, it's easier to see the letters.. they're more visible.

Quote Originally Posted by cuneyyy View Post
    Hi Dorian. Did you have any problems with AT&T wifi hotspots looks like I can not sign in to hot spots. Any ideas? And for V6 could you add better white balance it looks grayish especially on Internet.
    Yea, I kinda forgot to mention that since it's not an AT&T ROM, your phone won't automatically sign-in to hotspots. About the white-balance, that one is kinda hit and miss. If the color is adjusted to where one thing looks perfect, other things will look wrong. AMOLED is very hard to calibrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Markentoth View Post
    The gingerbread keyboard disappeared for me too. I like Swype, so it's not a big deal.

Would it be possible to add 5x4 icons on the launcher screen(s)? Go Launcher provides this feature, but it's nowhere near as slick and smooth as this gingerbread-themed launcher.

Thanks Dorian for all of your hard work on this - it is VERY appreciated.
    MTM Blackout Orange is actually the Gingerbread keyboard, just themed dark, so it works the same way, just looks different. I'll definitely look into the 5x4 launcher icons!

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Good to hear you plan support for the Tab, and even more happy to hear it is more similar to the Nexus S than the Captivate was, making your job easier . I rooted it first thing, so can give your firmware out a try. You can PM (or preferrably email) me if you need any QA right before public availability (I doubt they'll be any issues, but I'm a developer too so now how it goes..).

A WARNING: There are A LOT of requests here. As the author of an unnamed utility that has over 100,000 users I get a lot of requests to. I try to honor many of them, but don't get in the rut of trying to do them all, or committing to doing them all. Most people don't expect that anyway. You can't please everybody, so don't try too hard too, that's all I'm saying. I'd hate to see V6 delayed because requested changes 1-100 aren't done yet, ya know.. or for all this pressure to cause you creative roadblocks. Take that FWIW, and with two cents. You may know more than me on it .

The creative impetus is what is needed in almost all cases, and such overwhelming user requests.. well, they don't help. So, guys, come on -- at least quit with the color suggestions until v6

Well said goofium

I got it working, but I may have done something wrong

I finally got to do this yesterday and have noticed a couple of things:

1. My USB transfer rate is terrible and has to be restarted regularly. Is this likely a problem with the ROM or the SD Card?

2. I am getting Force Close errors in android.process.acore when I try to assign a contact to a speed dial spot. Any one else have that problem?

Thanks.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by goofium View Post
    Good to hear you plan support for the Tab, and even more happy to hear it is more similar to the Nexus S than the Captivate was, making your job easier . I rooted it first thing, so can give your firmware out a try. You can PM (or preferrably email) me if you need any QA right before public availability (I doubt they'll be any issues, but I'm a developer too so now how it goes..).

A WARNING: There are A LOT of requests here. As the author of an unnamed utility that has over 100,000 users I get a lot of requests to. I try to honor many of them, but don't get in the rut of trying to do them all, or committing to doing them all. Most people don't expect that anyway. You can't please everybody, so don't try too hard too, that's all I'm saying. I'd hate to see V6 delayed because requested changes 1-100 aren't done yet, ya know.. or for all this pressure to cause you creative roadblocks. Take that FWIW, and with two cents. You may know more than me on it .

The creative impetus is what is needed in almost all cases, and such overwhelming user requests.. well, they don't help. So, guys, come on -- at least quit with the color suggestions until v6
    Nicely put! I have to say, I try to get most of the bugs that I see before I release a new version, but everyone uses their phone differently... so different people will see different issues. But Gingerbread is actually coming along on the Galaxy S series and once it gets a decent port to the GT-i9000 then it's just a matter of re-orienting the kernel... which shouldn't even take a day or two. For the tab, the only things that I know for a fact aren't working are the cameras and the GPS. Most everything else works, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker_TX View Post
    I finally got to do this yesterday and have noticed a couple of things:

1. My USB transfer rate is terrible and has to be restarted regularly. Is this likely a problem with the ROM or the SD Card?

2. I am getting Force Close errors in android.process.acore when I try to assign a contact to a speed dial spot. Any one else have that problem?

Thanks.
    1. USB transfer rates are something I've never had an issue with. What kinds of speeds are you getting? 8-13Mb/s is the most you can expect. That's just because of the type of NAND memory used.
    2. I see what you're talking about, and thanks for reporting that bug! I don't ever use that feature, so I never would have seen it.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Sorry to bother u sir but the link does not seem to be working. Thank you for all your hard work!!!

Hi Dorian. Do you have an ETA for V6. I just wanted to know if it will be this weekend or not? Thanks.

Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links