-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by randysnp Hey I just seen that my camera has GPS and it tells where every pic was taken, I don't like that ...

Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by randysnp View Post
    Hey I just seen that my camera has GPS and it tells where every pic was taken, I don't like that and want to know how to turn it off?
    Turn off GPS from the notification dropdown, and then in settings/location and security... uncheck "Use Wireless Networks".

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Okay thank you now maybe you can help me with my other problem: advanced task killer will not kill the music player

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by randysnp View Post
    Okay thank you now maybe you can help me with my other problem: advanced task killer will not kill the music player
    Try AutoKiller Memory Optimizer. That's what I use and it's never given me any issues at all.

How do you use the auto optimized app. I tried it out but don't understand how to use it.. I picked aggressive preset. Do I need to keep advanced app killer?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by bopicasso View Post
    How do you use the auto optimized app. I tried it out but don't understand how to use it..
    I've found that lately a task manager isn't needed anymore... Android has gotten pretty good at killing tasks itself.

But... The way that app works is when you launch it you should have several blanks with numbers in them... Don't mess with the numbers, instead hit menu then presets the select aggressive. Aggressive will set Android to kill open tasks quicker than normal giving you more free memory. On the processes tab you can see every single app thats open, even the ones that are hidden most of the time with other task managers. With killing processes there, make sure to only close apps that aren't system apps. System apps are like the launcher or keyboard...

Sent from Spatial Grid 325, Terra 001.

Its going to take me some time to get use to NOT using the advanced app killer. lol I feel like im missing something every time I use my phone now lol. It is nice to not have to close apps after every use now. Thanks Dorian!
    Learn something new every day!

Here's another interesting issue I found with v5. I used a clock function this
    morning to set an alarm. After a few minutes the background went black, after
    the alarm went off and I closed the app, the background stayed black. I tried to
    change the wallpaper back and it stayed black. As it turns out the only wallpaper
    that will appear is the Living Wallpaper. Even after a reboot...

So I looked into the app. It isn't in the Market under My Apps, so I didn't install
    it through the Market on this ROM. I checked on Titanium Backup and it shows
    on the list with one backup. So I must have restored it from a prior ROM flash.
    I don't know it it's included with the ROM, because I didn't document what apps
    were there before I did the batch restore with Titanium Backup.

So could it be an incompatibility of the app and the ROM or problem with the install
    because it was from an earlier ROM? Or?

Here's the what the app icon looks like on the screen:

And what Titanium Backup shows for the app:

Thanks for all your efforts.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jorj7 View Post
    Here's another interesting issue I found with v5. I used a clock function this
    morning to set an alarm. After a few minutes the background went black, after
    the alarm went off and I closed the app, the background stayed black. I tried to
    change the wallpaper back and it stayed black. As it turns out the only wallpaper
    that will appear is the Living Wallpaper. Even after a reboot...

So I looked into the app. It isn't in the Market under My Apps, so I didn't install
    it through the Market on this ROM. I checked on Titanium Backup and it shows
    on the list with one backup. So I must have restored it from a prior ROM flash.
    I don't know it it's included with the ROM, because I didn't document what apps
    were there before I did the batch restore with Titanium Backup.

So could it be an incompatibility of the app and the ROM or problem with the install
    because it was from an earlier ROM? Or?

Here's the what the app icon looks like on the screen:

~snip~

And what Titanium Backup shows for the app:

~snip~

Thanks for all your efforts.
    Yea, that is an issue with Titanium Backup. It really only needs to be used to back up 3rd party apps, because when system apps are restored from build to build, odd things happen. The clock app you're referring to is a native Android app called GoogleDeskClock.apk. Any errors you're having with it would have to be related to the restore you did... I use that one every day and I can't say I seen what you're talking about.

Hi Dorian, After I installed V5 I tried installing the stock fonts you posted for me earlier, and nothing changed again. I love the font that comes with the rom, I just want the lock screen to have the stock font, bc I think it looks better. Is there anyway you could either include the stock font as an option in V6 or just change the lock screen font? Also, I was wondering if anyone has been able to port the screen off animation from Gingerbread. Thanks!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrrrvin View Post
    Hi Dorian, After I installed V5 I tried installing the stock fonts you posted for me earlier, and nothing changed again. I love the font that comes with the rom, I just want the lock screen to have the stock font, bc I think it looks better. Is there anyway you could either include the stock font as an option in V6 or just change the lock screen font? Also, I was wondering if anyone has been able to port the screen off animation from Gingerbread. Thanks!
    On my site, I have both Custom and OEM fonts posted in a flashable package. The screen-off animation from Gingerbread can't be implemented on Froyo because the functionality is buried deep in Gingerbread's UI frameworks. Since Gingerbread's frameworks aren't backwards compatible, we can't port it.

Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links