-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by Dorian On my site, I have both Custom and OEM fonts posted in a flashable package. The screen-off animation from Gingerbread can't ...

Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    On my site, I have both Custom and OEM fonts posted in a flashable package. The screen-off animation from Gingerbread can't be implemented on Froyo because the functionality is buried deep in Gingerbread's UI frameworks. Since Gingerbread's frameworks aren't backwards compatible, we can't port it.
    Awesome! That one worked perfectly. Thank you! I figured that was the case with the animation.

After flashing every rom on XDA, I stumbled across this one, liked the screen shots, and gave it a go. Here's some things I'm noticing that I don't already know the answer to:

When activating the unlock/lock sounds for screen, there is a sound for unlock, but not locking.
    When I receive a text message, BLN will activate, but no sound. Notifications are turned on, a tone selected, and notification volume is at max.
    Facebook push notifications quit working.

Is there anything I can do to fix these things?

Edit: I moved my custom text tone to "ringtones" under myfiles (so I could forward in a text message), instead of copying, so it wasn't selectable under text notifications; my stupid mistake. However, the other two issues are real.

how do i set it to auto connect to my home wifi?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by sdricke View Post
    After flashing every rom on XDA, I stumbled across this one, liked the screen shots, and gave it a go. Here's some things I'm noticing that I don't already know the answer to:

When activating the unlock/lock sounds for screen, there is a sound for unlock, but not locking.
    When I receive a text message, BLN will activate, but no sound. Notifications are turned on, a tone selected, and notification volume is at max.
    Facebook push notifications quit working.

Is there anything I can do to fix these things?

Edit: I moved my custom text tone to "ringtones" under myfiles (so I could forward in a text message), instead of copying, so it wasn't selectable under text notifications; my stupid mistake. However, the other two issues are real.
    I left the lock sound out. I actually meant to leave the unlock sound out too..LOL. It's like the start-up and shut-down sounds... I left them out because most of the time I'm flashing ROMs and modifying them, I'm in a very quiet environment.

The Facebook notifications... I really don't know about that one. I've never had any issue there.

Quote Originally Posted by randysnp View Post
    how do i set it to auto connect to my home wifi?
    You should only have to select the network once and it remembers it. If it's not remembering it, something is wrong with your network. Some routers change things based on what type of security they're setup with.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

What are we looking forward to in V6?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Upcoming in V6... A dialer to match MTM Blackout, themed tabs, Voodoo Sound 4, clock removed from menu bar, and some other stuff...

I have to admit, I am not a fan of the MTM blackout theme. It messes with my eyes a bit. Obviously this is just my opinion, but I prefer the regular gingerbread theme.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrae View Post
    I have to admit, I am not a fan of the MTM blackout theme. It messes with my eyes a bit. Obviously this is just my opinion, but I prefer the regular gingerbread theme.
    I'll have the regular Gingerbread as a flashable alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    I'll have the regular Gingerbread as a flashable alternative.
    Thats great! I have actually not given V-5 much of a shot because I did not like the keyboard, or some of the other colors. For example, I use the music player constantly, and when you select stuff, the keys light up orange. For that stuff I prefer the original blue illumination. Would that be affected by the flashable gingerbread alternative?

I like all the things in the screenshots except not seeing the unlock and volume sliders. Do they show up when you press them? Also, have you worked any on why the slider won't say "UNLOCK" unless the animations are turned off?

Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links