-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Awesome!!!! This is actually the first Rom i have ever flashed!! I love it to death!!! Seems to have made my phone amazingly fast!! Wondering ...

Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Awesome!!!! This is actually the first Rom i have ever flashed!! I love it to death!!! Seems to have made my phone amazingly fast!! Wondering is there a way to change the swype keybnoard to make it reflect the gingerbread theme a little more??? That would be awesome!!! It just seems so bleh compared to the rest of my phone.....

And i uninstalled that voodoo thign but would that make my phone loude??? not satisfied with the volume really.... i wanna hear it in the next room!!!

This is a poeticdecision I guy licked out my other account

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

idk if this is the right area to post this but after i flashed to this rom the: my files home dirrectory is set to mnt/sdcard but i want it back to just /sdcard can i do that?

Woah big problem when someone sends me pictures in a message and I try to save them it does not display in the gallery. It says saved.. But that's it.......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

bluetooth voice dialing in V6?

I am having trouble with the bluetooth activated voice dialing. Do any of you use that feature? Its very handy to do voice dialing from my parrot in the car. Is it hosed because the rom is based on the leaked 2.2?

Hey I just got into flashing roms i've got this rom currently and I must say it's awsome . Just got a little issue maybe u might like to know. I can't edit any existing contacts or change ringtnes for them. Also I had a question. What happened to the option to charge the bill in the market. I work for AT&T and I have a monthly allowance to buy apps. I can't do it anymore I have to use a card now . Can we get that opt in back?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrae View Post
    Thats great! I have actually not given V-5 much of a shot because I did not like the keyboard, or some of the other colors. For example, I use the music player constantly, and when you select stuff, the keys light up orange. For that stuff I prefer the original blue illumination. Would that be affected by the flashable gingerbread alternative?
    Yea, that was to better fit the Gingerbread theme... Black/Green/Orange. But they can be changed back.

Quote Originally Posted by kerrrrvin View Post
    I like all the things in the screenshots except not seeing the unlock and volume sliders. Do they show up when you press them? Also, have you worked any on why the slider won't say "UNLOCK" unless the animations are turned off?
    Not saying unlock when the animations are on... I have honestly no idea..LOL. But like I said a few posts back, I'm going to put up a regular Gingerbread theme with none of the Blackout features. The Blackout features were to save battery, because on AMOLED screen panels, when a pixel is black.... it's off.

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticDecision` View Post
    Awesome!!!! This is actually the first Rom i have ever flashed!! I love it to death!!! Seems to have made my phone amazingly fast!! Wondering is there a way to change the swype keybnoard to make it reflect the gingerbread theme a little more??? That would be awesome!!! It just seems so bleh compared to the rest of my phone.....
    There is, but I can't include it with my ROM. The company that made Swype said not too long ago that we're allowed to use their software free if our phones originally came with it installed, and we can include it with custom builds... but we can't decompile it or change it in any way. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticDecision` View Post
    And i uninstalled that voodoo thign but would that make my phone loude??? not satisfied with the volume really.... i wanna hear it in the next room!!!
    The Voodoo Control app will seriously crank up the headphone volume. The main speaker is kinda limited though. If you re-download it, set the headphone amp to 0dBi. I've found there's absolutely no distortion on that level and it's loud as heck.

Quote Originally Posted by randysnp View Post
    idk if this is the right area to post this but after i flashed to this rom the: my files home dirrectory is set to mnt/sdcard but i want it back to just /sdcard can i do that?
    mnt/sdcard and /sdcard are the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoak View Post
    I am having trouble with the bluetooth activated voice dialing. Do any of you use that feature? Its very handy to do voice dialing from my parrot in the car. Is it hosed because the rom is based on the leaked 2.2?
    This actually isn't leaked 2.2... It's just from another part of the world. I'll look into that for you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz28 View Post
    Hey I just got into flashing roms i've got this rom currently and I must say it's awsome . Just got a little issue maybe u might like to know. I can't edit any existing contacts or change ringtnes for them. Also I had a question. What happened to the option to charge the bill in the market. I work for AT&T and I have a monthly allowance to buy apps. I can't do it anymore I have to use a card now . Can we get that opt in back?
    If your contacts are imported from Facebook or another SNS account, those can't be edited. Only the contacts that are originally yours, or are synced with Google Sync, can be edited. About the market, I'll look into that also. I think that has been working for me.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Dorian,
    I am looking forward to having more MTM blackout orange themed stuff to help save battery in V6. I seen that you decided to remove the clock at the top. What do you recommend using to tell time with no clock on the home screen? The analog clock?
    Thanks!

Hey Dorian,

Just upgraded to your version 5 of the rom. Loving it. Just a couple questions...

1) It seems I have to turn the brightness setting way up to get the same look on the screen. If I just unclick the auto brightness setting, there's almost a reddish tint to the screen. Is this due to the new kernel?
    2) There's still some video call settings under "Sound". Since we can't do video calls, is there any way to get rid of that?

Other than that Dorian, loving everything about this rom. Keep up the good work

Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links