-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Dorian, Newbie question here. Using Captivate with AT&T and 2.1-update1 firmware, 2.6.29 jetaek.lee@sep-11 #2 kernel, Eclair UCJH7 build. If I go with your V5 or ...

Page 37 of 65 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Dorian,
    Newbie question here. Using Captivate with AT&T and 2.1-update1 firmware, 2.6.29 jetaek.lee@sep-11 #2 kernel, Eclair UCJH7 build. If I go with your V5 or V6 will I still have "Swype" keyboard available? Cause I love it and don't want to lose it...
    Thanks so much for everything you are doing. I've been watching from the sidelines for quite a while and just about ready to join in!
    Randy
    Chicago Area

Quote Originally Posted by MOON77 View Post
    Dorian,
    Newbie question here. Using Captivate with AT&T and 2.1-update1 firmware, 2.6.29 jetaek.lee@sep-11 #2 kernel, Eclair UCJH7 build. If I go with your V5 or V6 will I still have "Swype" keyboard available? Cause I love it and don't want to lose it...
    Thanks so much for everything you are doing. I've been watching from the sidelines for quite a while and just about ready to join in!
    Randy
    Chicago Area
    Hi There, welcome
    You may want to start with V4. It is solid no bugs and has Swype and working gingerbread keyboard. here is a link. I hope it works.

http://db.tt/VSBsowW

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by MOON77 View Post
    Dorian,
    Randy
    Chicago Area
    All builds of UGJK3 will have Swype. The other keyboards change though... Welcome to the forum!

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Dorian,
    Just wanted to say thanks for making the captivate so cool. I just saw my friends stock phone tonight and it sucks! I really appreciate all the time and effort you dedicate to working on and improving this phone. U deserve a award or something lol. :-)

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by bopicasso View Post
    Dorian,
    Just wanted to say thanks for making the captivate so cool. I just saw my friends stock phone tonight and it sucks! I really appreciate all the time and effort you dedicate to working on and improving this phone. U deserve a award or something lol. :-)
    Thanks!

Here's an update on V6...

Practically done...

Hi Dorian - Looks great! Looking forward to the update. Nice to see the clock gone from the task bar. Watching closel for your release. Not trying to be nosey but are you in the hard hit (SNOW) north eastern area?

Thank you
    superdog404

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by superdog404 View Post
    Hi Dorian - Looks great! Looking forward to the update. Nice to see the clock gone from the task bar. Watching closel for your release. Not trying to be nosey but are you in the hard hit (SNOW) north eastern area?

Thank you
    superdog404
    At the moment... yes I am.

I love the new look of V6! Wow! Will that Orange wallpaper come with it? I hope so! And I the new orange theme better than the green. Maybe im just bored of the green

Whats up Dorian, new here an this my FIRST Rom i flashed, i love it. i got 2 questions if u have time to help me it would be greatly appreciated. 1. I us hand-cent for messaging, so i turned of notifications so i don't have 3 popping up ( hand-cent, the main messaging, and whatever this symbol is) but for some reason this symbol keeps popping up in my notification bar for messages, i think its the system notifications, but i cant shut it off. i have to manually hit clear, kinda annoying cause I HAVE Hand cent and that now.... also on the up coming v6, if its not a full wipe so i don't have to flash back to stock, then how do u install these updates without messing stuff up.... sorry i'm still new to flashing. but not to slow on reading hoe to do things... please fill me in thank you..........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by bopicasso View Post
    I love the new look of V6! Wow! Will that Orange wallpaper come with it? I hope so! And I the new orange theme better than the green. Maybe im just bored of the green
    Yep... the orange wallpaper is default. I think I was getting bored of the green too... just have to mix it up every now and then to keep things fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by sturmer View Post
    Whats up Dorian, new here an this my FIRST Rom i flashed, i love it. i got 2 questions if u have time to help me it would be greatly appreciated. 1. I us hand-cent for messaging, so i turned of notifications so i don't have 3 popping up ( hand-cent, the main messaging, and whatever this symbol is) but for some reason this symbol keeps popping up in my notification bar for messages, i think its the system notifications, but i cant shut it off. i have to manually hit clear, kinda annoying cause I HAVE Hand cent and that now.... also on the up coming v6, if its not a full wipe so i don't have to flash back to stock, then how do u install these updates without messing stuff up.... sorry i'm still new to flashing. but not to slow on reading hoe to do things... please fill me in thank you..........
    Hmm.. your screenshot is too small. I can't really tell what notification that is. But about the V6... it won't be a full wipe. There will be a update package from V5 to V6 that's flashable from recovery. There will also be a full wipe package and a regular Gingerbread theme for those that aren't too keen on the "Blackout" theme. Welcome to the forum BTW!

Page 37 of 65 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links