-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by Dorian The calendar is something I'm about to fix. I messed up a PNG file while I was mass editing them all..LOL. ...

Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    The calendar is something I'm about to fix. I messed up a PNG file while I was mass editing them all..LOL. Did you do the upgrade or the fresh flash, because the keyboard was in the fresh flash.
    I did the upgrade. I'll try the wipe version when I get home tonight. When can we expect the regular gingerbread version? My favorite part of the new version is the orange edge at the top of menus.

Maybe on the next release. LOL. Redoing all those PNG files to blackout orange was a lesson in patience...
    No, that's not what I meant. I just meant green notification bar icons and green launcher. I really like the orange highlights and blackout in everything else, but I think the orange is too plain for those two things. I also think the orange and green together would look nice.

tl;dr: Keep blackout theme. Bring back green launcher and notification bar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrrrvin View Post
    I did the upgrade. I'll try the wipe version when I get home tonight. When can we expect the regular gingerbread version? My favorite part of the new version is the orange edge at the top of menus.

No, that's not what I meant. I just meant green notification bar icons and green launcher. I really like the orange highlights and blackout in everything else, but I think the orange is too plain for those two things. I also think the orange and green together would look nice.

tl;dr: Keep blackout theme. Bring back green launcher and notification bar.

Regular Gingerbread is about to be posted in an hour or two...

About the colors, I was thinking about mixing them sort of. IE.. The WiFi signal status would be green for full signal, yellow for two bars, and orange for one bar. Same for cell signal. The battery indicator I'm not entirely sure about yet.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Hi Dorian - i did the upgrade. Everything went smoothly. Looks great. If you are in messing around I noticed that the "about phone" says I'm still running v5. I just read your post above so maybe it's the cache doing that?

Thank you very much Dorian
    superdog404

I installed v6 and it's working well so far. Messaging, Phone, Mobile AP,and email (K9) all work.
    Benchmarks (Quadrant, Linpack, Smartbench, and NenaMark1) are better then v5.

I did notice that when charging the battery, the icon turned green (from orange):

Also saw the green icons on the notification pull down:

I'm liking it so far, will see how it holds up over the next few days.

Thanks.

Regular Gingerbread is about to be posted in an hour or two...

About the colors, I was thinking about mixing them sort of. IE.. The WiFi signal status would be green for full signal, yellow for two bars, and orange for one bar. Same for cell signal. The battery indicator I'm not entirely sure about yet.
    I think that sounds great. Maybe for the battery use the original green for 40-100, orange for 10-40, and red for 0-10.

did the upgrade to v6, everything is kosher here. The mtm blackout blue keyboard that I dropped into v5 is still working fine. Any chance on any of the other blackouts (blue, green, red, etc) themed into v7? Not a big fan of the all orange, but thats just a personal preference.

Dorian,
    Thx for the help. Got setup with the V6 flash now. Back to normal. Only complaint is the message, contacts, camera, and market icons are all still green. The unlock is also green. One other thing I found in the calender, the dates I have stuff scheduled are blank, no dates showing. Other than that, it is a great update from V5. Keep up the great work!

Hi there, I just wanted to share this. For those of you who wants to unlock their phone for different network I found this app and the beauty of it, it works with Dorian's ROM's. I have V4 and I was about to try V6. I have download this app from market and I was going to try it when I put it back to original ROM. But I try it with V4 and it unlock my phone. Just go to dial mode and type this *#7465625# and it will let you know if your network lock is on or off. Here is the link for the app. Peace.

http://db.tt/BSxdSVh

Hi Dorian,

I flashed the upgrade to 6 from 5 and it works great but one bug is in the calendar monthly view where a lot of the weekdays blocked out in white the weekends look fine, Everyting else seems fine so far. I also notice that the calendar monthly view is a portrait issue only in landscape everything is normal so it's not a show stopper ny amy means

THx

does this have a sms galley problem and things.. like v5

Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links