-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by cuneyyy That is really strange. But I also noticed that your dialer and Internet icon at the bottom still green. Did you ...

Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Quote Originally Posted by cuneyyy View Post
    That is really strange. But I also noticed that your dialer and Internet icon at the bottom still green. Did you upgrade from V5 or you did a clean install? I have done a clean install meaning I install the ODIN 2.1 first than install the V6 and everything works fine. That may solve your problem.
    It's V6 from a clean install, but I'm just using the regular green launcher because I don't like the orange one. I think the orange would look better if only the continents on the browser icon were orange, like the stock version.

But yeah, I just added my bio lab to my calendar and then it starting showing that. :/

Quote Originally Posted by imadictator View Post
    One slight issue I have come to notice is my phone is not connecting through 3g anymore. Any ideas guys?
    Does it show an H instead? Because that's 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by kerrrrvin View Post
    It's V6 from a clean install, but I'm just using the regular green launcher because I don't like the orange one. I think the orange would look better if only the continents on the browser icon were orange, like the stock version.

But yeah, I just added my bio lab to my calendar and then it starting showing that. :/
    I do not use the stock calender I use Calender Pad. It is easier to use and shows your appointments on the widget.

Does it show an H instead? Because that's 3G.
    Thanks man. I was wondering what that H was.

Quote Originally Posted by imadictator View Post
    Thanks man. I was wondering what that H was.
    The H stands for HSDPA which is a little faster than the regular UMTS 3G.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by setdosa View Post
    V6 looks great and battery life has improved. Thanks for all your hardwork and such quick turnarounds. We all appreciate that.

Have a thing to report along with a few questions.

- I know you dont use exchange but with an exchange account they enforce account policies like setting a password and with having a password screen showing up I dont have a clock at all with V6. I have to unlock and then look at the widget I have setup. I am not sure how to solve this problem but with you and the community's expertise we might be able to come up with a solution. I know that with Cognition ROMS they have figured out a way to disable the password feature for exchange accounts somehow. I wish I knew how so I can help you better but thats my 2 cents.

- GPS works much better now, I guess I am lucky to buy the one without the hardware issues.

Now for my questions.

- How do we keep track of your releases? Do you create a separate thread for each release? Or just watch this thread?

- You said the calendar fix would be in the downloads in your website. is it here?

- Will the full gingerbread edition with 2.3 be posted here or should I follow a separate thread?

- If some of us want to show some appreciation by a small donation(how much ever we can afford), is there a way to do it?

Sorry about posting so many questions. I just want to reiterate how much we all appreciate the hardwork and hope you can keep these awesome updates coming.

Arun
    The Exchange security is something that can be changed, yes. The updates will be all posted on my site you linked, but I seperate all base ROM changes in different threads to keep some order to things..LOL. The Gingerbread update will be posted about here in a different thread than this one, but it's nowhere near ready to release yet, so it'll be a little while on that one.

Hi Dorian
    I guess I agree with some that needs the clock on notification bar. I think it is kind of easy to take a look at the time while you are doing something else with the phone. If it is a simple solution I would like to install it, orange if possible. Thank you.
    I can do an update for the time, that will restore it back to the status bar.

Can anyone tell me what this means? I've never seen it before.Attachment 338
    That is an odd little quirk, I have to say! Can't tell you where that came from, or what it means...

That is really strange. But I also noticed that your dialer and Internet icon at the bottom still green. Did you upgrade from V5 or you did a clean install? I have done a clean install meaning I install the ODIN 2.1 first than install the V6 and everything works fine. That may solve your problem.
    I think he grabbed the V5 to V6 upgrade before I had a chance to include the updated launcher I forgot the first time I posted it.

I'm about to post several changes... I haven't yet because I've been completely swamped at work. You guys will be happy to know that we're rolling out HSPA+ to cell sites everywhere, so expect marginally faster data pretty soon!

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    I'm about to post several changes... I haven't yet because I've been completely swamped at work. You guys will be happy to know that we're rolling out HSPA+ to cell sites everywhere, so expect marginally faster data pretty soon!
    Will we be able to use HSPA+? I was under the impression that required a different radio than what was in the captivate.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Will we be able to use HSPA+? I was under the impression that required a different radio than what was in the captivate.
    Correct, the Captivate isn't an HSPA+ compatible phone, but since AT&T is upgrading the backhaul to the HSPA+ cell sites it means that there will be more overall bandwidth, so you should be able to max out what the Captivate is capable of... which is 7.2Mb/s.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Correct, the Captivate isn't an HSPA+ compatible phone, but since AT&T is upgrading the backhaul to the HSPA+ cell sites it means that there will be more overall bandwidth, so you should be able to max out what the Captivate is capable of... which is 7.2Mb/s.
    Cool. I'll be happy when we get 3G where I live. IF we get it! haha

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Cool. I'll be happy when we get 3G where I live. IF we get it! haha
    All new cell sites from this point out will be HSPA+... so when it's rolled out to your area, it'll be fast. :cool:

BTW! Everyone, the calendar fix and UI update is posted. Also posted is the TRON theme. The TRON theme is something I'm messing with right now, and it's a work in progress...

Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links