-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; I only see the TRON theme. EDIT: They're up now....

Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

I only see the TRON theme.

EDIT: They're up now.

I flashed to volume 6 and in the phone the build number is still listed as v5. I wonder if I flashed it right. Is there an order to the update files? What I did was install from zip file through recovery.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    You did it right... I just didn't include an updated build number. LOL. I always tend to forget something, and it's usually that.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

I just flashed this today.. And let me first say thank you.. I was toying with upgrading to this.. Finally bit the bullet and did it.. After going through you step through to do it and running into a couple snags.. Which where just common sense after reading through this thread..

Wow.. All I have to say is wow.. I like the fact it is upgraded with the new features but the orange theme.. REALLY hurt my eyes.. I upgraded away from that and I must really say thank you for your hard work.. This is so far very stable and no issues so far.. I look forward to more of your work..

Question Confused

Dorian,
    Sorry but I'm confused.:confused: If I want to upgrade from V5 to V6 and NO black/orange AND yes clock on next to the battery icon - what do I have to flash ?
    Thus I'm happy with the V5 appearance, but would like to enjoy the updated kernel. Do I need the App & UI update ? and how about the Calendar fix & UI Modification for UGJK3 ?
    Thanks

I have a little issue..... Okay scratch that big issue....... My phone....... As in the phone call app force closed.... Never seen that happen before.. I missed a call.. No biggy.. Just returned it immediately... Then I go to call someone this morning and thee phone application is acting so so sluggish.. It had like a mini freeze when you are on a call where the end button would not work and the home button was semi unresponsive... I'm I the only one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Dorian: Would it be possible to enable scrollable widgets with the stock launcher?

Also, I think it would look great if you "TRON-ified" the stock icons for the TRON theme. And the browser icon on the dock would look a little better if the water part of the globe were grey (or even a different color) than the land. Right now, it looks too much like it's highlighted. I would help do this, but I don't know how it works in Android to be able to actually flash them when I'm done.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I just flashed this today.. And let me first say thank you.. I was toying with upgrading to this.. Finally bit the bullet and did it.. After going through you step through to do it and running into a couple snags.. Which where just common sense after reading through this thread..

Wow.. All I have to say is wow.. I like the fact it is upgraded with the new features but the orange theme.. REALLY hurt my eyes.. I upgraded away from that and I must really say thank you for your hard work.. This is so far very stable and no issues so far.. I look forward to more of your work..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic007 View Post
    Dorian,
    Sorry but I'm confused.:confused: If I want to upgrade from V5 to V6 and NO black/orange AND yes clock on next to the battery icon - what do I have to flash ?
    Thus I'm happy with the V5 appearance, but would like to enjoy the updated kernel. Do I need the App & UI update ? and how about the Calendar fix & UI Modification for UGJK3 ?
    Thanks
    I just posted the regular Gingerbread theme to the site... It's in the Downloads section. I also brought back the transparent drawer background and the time in the status bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Udecide View Post
    I have a little issue..... Okay scratch that big issue....... My phone....... As in the phone call app force closed.... Never seen that happen before.. I missed a call.. No biggy.. Just returned it immediately... Then I go to call someone this morning and thee phone application is acting so so sluggish.. It had like a mini freeze when you are on a call where the end button would not work and the home button was semi unresponsive... I'm I the only one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    I can't say I've ever experienced that. BUT.. Android does have issues every once in a while where a reboot is necessary. Try rebooting and see if that does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by kerrrrvin View Post
    Dorian: Would it be possible to enable scrollable widgets with the stock launcher?
    Define scrollable widgets... I'm not sure I know what you mean.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrrrvin View Post
    Also, I think it would look great if you "TRON-ified" the stock icons for the TRON theme. And the browser icon on the dock would look a little better if the water part of the globe were grey (or even a different color) than the land. Right now, it looks too much like it's highlighted. I would help do this, but I don't know how it works in Android to be able to actually flash them when I'm done.
    It's still a work in progress... I hope to complete it sometime soon. Although I can provide you the PNG files to edit how you see fit, and I can incorporate them back into a flashable package for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Define scrollable widgets... I'm not sure I know what you mean.
    For example: An agenda or calendar widget. It would be nice to be able to scroll through days or months by just dragging on it with your finger. I know some widgets have this ability if the launcher allows it, like LauncherPro does.

And how does the regular gingerbread theme differ from V6?

Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links