-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; One quick one. I installed Tron to see how it is and now I cannot remove it back to Citrus. Any tips?...

Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

One quick one. I installed Tron to see how it is and now I cannot remove it back to Citrus. Any tips?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by imadictator View Post
    One quick one. I installed Tron to see how it is and now I cannot remove it back to Citrus. Any tips?
    I just posted the Citrus theme to the site. You can flash it to restore the orange.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Night Death

Hi Dorian!

Love version 6 and the blackout...SWEET

Quick question...I have been having issues with the phone shutting off at night...I have had this issue with several ROMS (not just yours) so I am worried that it might be something with my phone

If I could just solve this issue - I would have 100% flawless device...THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by civ122 View Post
    Hi Dorian!

Quick question...I have been having issues with the phone shutting off at night...I have had this issue with several ROMS (not just yours) so I am worried that it might be something with my phone

I had this problem with my first captivate. It's apparently a hardware issue. I returned mine within the 30 days and got a replacement - my new one hasn't shut off a single time. If you're already out of warranty and can't return yours, there's an app in the market called "captivate keep alive". It drains your battery, but keeps the phone from shutting off. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by civ122 View Post
    Hi Dorian!

I've had this problem with a few ROMs also. Haven't had it happen with v2 of this ROM or with v6 yet.

V6 Feedback

Installed both Calendar Fix and Email No Security, both work great.

To get the email no security, after flashing you have to go to settings, location & security, device administration, then uncheck your corporate user. Then you can go to screen unlock settings and click none. Absolutely AWESOME, Dorian.

Observations:

1. With V6, when I make a call there is now a "three tone sound" that I hear just after I hit the "dial" button, and also when the call disconnects.

2. Calendar - vertical has the orange theme, but horizontal still has the green theme (green triangles on the days of the month with appointments).

3. Dialer - no idea how to set "favorites" for this tab on the dialer. Anyone? However, very cool that this tab shows "frequent" calls in order.

4. Gmail - is there any way to have a different icon for each Gmail account? I have two, but only the primary one shows/triggers the alert bar. To see if the other account has new mail, I have to select Gmail and then change the account.

Thanks everyone, and especially Dorian. V6 rocks, I am so happy.
    Randy

Dorian, need help please!

My friend asked me to root and flash your rom on his phone but he has the samsung vibrant which is t mobile. I started the process with odin and now its stuck in a boot loop every time I turn it on.
    Help please!

Update, I flashed it back to stock. Googled how to do it.

Not to come across ignorant but what does CWM Installer mean.. I searched and couldn't find anything on that..

ClockWorkMod.. Do I just do the following

• Now, place my ROM zip on your phone's internal SD storage.
    • Unplug your phone, and go into ROM Manager and select "Reboot into Recovery"
    • Once in recovery, use the volume keys to move down to "install zip from SD card" and the power key to select. Then "choose zip from SD card". As glenthax has brought to my attention, if you see the default Samsung recovery with blue text upon reboot, select reinstall packages and after it installs it will reboot itself into the correct ClockworkMod recovery which will have green text.
    • Now scroll down until you find the file I downloaded and select that to flash it.
    • You may notice the screen wig out for a second or two, but don't worry that's normal. It's installing a new modem and kernel.
    • Once it's done, back out to the main recovery screen and reboot system.

Or is that for just full ROMs only?

Also I do have a reproducable problem with the mute on the phone.. Figured out what it was.. And how it applies..

If you have your phone plugged into headphones (with or without mic on them) and you get a call and you unplug the headphones when you answer it they will not be able to hear you.. Once you hang up and dial back or they call you it works.. But for that call it is muted.. Turning on and off mute does not fix it.. Only hanging up and either dialing back or recieving another call..

To reproduce the problem.. Plug speakers into your phone.. Call it... During the ringing unplug the speakers and answer the call.. You can hear them.. But they wont be able to hear you..

If you dont want me to post bugs let me know.. Or if there is a better way to post them to you let me know as well.

Thanks again.. Loving this ROM

Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links