-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by civ122 Hi Dorian! Love version 6 and the blackout...SWEET Quick question...I have been having issues with the phone shutting off at night...I ...

Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by civ122 View Post
    Hi Dorian!

Love version 6 and the blackout...SWEET

Quick question...I have been having issues with the phone shutting off at night...I have had this issue with several ROMS (not just yours) so I am worried that it might be something with my phone

If I could just solve this issue - I would have 100% flawless device...THANKS!
    That would be a hardware issue. Samsung's first batch of phones that shipped had that issue, and was later fixed in a hardware revision. If you look under your battery you can see the batch number of your device, and you can reference your IMEI with the qualifications laid out by AT&T and get a replacement even after the 30-day period. Since it's a hardware defect, it's fully covered by warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by MOON77 View Post
    Installed both Calendar Fix and Email No Security, both work great.

To get the email no security, after flashing you have to go to settings, location & security, device administration, then uncheck your corporate user. Then you can go to screen unlock settings and click none. Absolutely AWESOME, Dorian.

Observations:

1. With V6, when I make a call there is now a "three tone sound" that I hear just after I hit the "dial" button, and also when the call disconnects.

2. Calendar - vertical has the orange theme, but horizontal still has the green theme (green triangles on the days of the month with appointments).

3. Dialer - no idea how to set "favorites" for this tab on the dialer. Anyone? However, very cool that this tab shows "frequent" calls in order.

4. Gmail - is there any way to have a different icon for each Gmail account? I have two, but only the primary one shows/triggers the alert bar. To see if the other account has new mail, I have to select Gmail and then change the account.

Thanks everyone, and especially Dorian. V6 rocks, I am so happy.
    Randy
    Nice writeup! About the Calendar and Gmail, I'll look into those. About the dialer "favorites"... not quite sure how those work myself..LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by bopicasso View Post
    Dorian, need help please!

My friend asked me to root and flash your rom on his phone but he has the samsung vibrant which is t mobile. I started the process with odin and now its stuck in a boot loop every time I turn it on.
    Help please!
    That is pretty dangerous... the Vibrant is a completely different hardware revision, and cross flashing ROM's from different devices is a quick way to a brick. But I'm glad you got it figured out about how to get back to stock!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Not to come across ignorant but what does CWM Installer mean.. I searched and couldn't find anything on that..

ClockWorkMod.. Do I just do the following

• Now, place my ROM zip on your phone's internal SD storage.
    • Unplug your phone, and go into ROM Manager and select "Reboot into Recovery"
    • Once in recovery, use the volume keys to move down to "install zip from SD card" and the power key to select. Then "choose zip from SD card". As glenthax has brought to my attention, if you see the default Samsung recovery with blue text upon reboot, select reinstall packages and after it installs it will reboot itself into the correct ClockworkMod recovery which will have green text.
    • Now scroll down until you find the file I downloaded and select that to flash it.
    • You may notice the screen wig out for a second or two, but don't worry that's normal. It's installing a new modem and kernel.
    • Once it's done, back out to the main recovery screen and reboot system.

Or is that for just full ROMs only?
    Full wipes, and updates... the process is the same, it's just with updates you select the update package instead of the full ROM. But yea, CWM = ClockworkMod Installer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Also I do have a reproducable problem with the mute on the phone.. Figured out what it was.. And how it applies..

If you have your phone plugged into headphones (with or without mic on them) and you get a call and you unplug the headphones when you answer it they will not be able to hear you.. Once you hang up and dial back or they call you it works.. But for that call it is muted.. Turning on and off mute does not fix it.. Only hanging up and either dialing back or recieving another call..

To reproduce the problem.. Plug speakers into your phone.. Call it... During the ringing unplug the speakers and answer the call.. You can hear them.. But they wont be able to hear you..

If you dont want me to post bugs let me know.. Or if there is a better way to post them to you let me know as well.

Thanks again.. Loving this ROM
    That's actually an issue with the kernel that I'm using. It doesn't intelligently re-route the audio stream when headphones are unplugged. BUT, that's something that is being worked on. About posting bugs... post away! LOL. If someone brings an issue to light, it's one I may have never seen, because everyone uses their phone differently.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

To Moon77- I believe the favourites are done automatically. The phone just puts whomever you call the most into that section. That is how it tended to work on the stock build and I see no difference in this build. I tried looking for a way to add to the list myself and this is the conclusion I have drawn. Hope this helps.

Just figured out the "Favorites" on the Dialer - Favorites tab. Go to the Contacts tab, open up a contact, and tap the little star to the right of the name at the top. The star should turn from hollow to yellow. Viola, that name now shows up in your Favorites. Below the Favorites, you still have a list sorted by Frequency. Mystery solved.

Quote Originally Posted by MOON77 View Post
    Just figured out the "Favorites" on the Dialer - Favorites tab. Go to the Contacts tab, open up a contact, and tap the little star to the right of the name at the top. The star should turn from hollow to yellow. Viola, that name now shows up in your Favorites. Below the Favorites, you still have a list sorted by Frequency. Mystery solved.
    Great job! With a little hard work and dedication you might someday____________.(fill in the blank) But seriously, great job. This has befuddled me since I have owned the phone. I did not lose sleep over it, but it is good to know.

hey dorian im loving this rom. ive tried all 3 and love this one the most. i had a quick question. it looks like all 3 roms use different modems. I personally hit 4 mbs download sometimes with it normally being around 2 mb down. is there a better modem in your opinion that would give us better data speeds cause i havent tested the others yet. Just wondering since your like a andriod god haha

I, personally, ended up going back to v5, but using the alternate kernel than I presume was also updated. So, I guess I've got a hybrid of sorts, lol. I missed the clock, little things. I probably could have tweaked it, had I looked closer. Anyway, am monitoring for updates and more. Coming from a native C++ background (under both Windows and linix), I'm finding Java quite easy and ready to start developing loads of apps, lol. I don't plan to get rich, which is different from most, I'm sure.

Dorian,
    Just flashed V6 yesterday. Love it. Absolutely fantastic. Rocking the Tron theme which is also awesome. I do have a few (I hope simple) questions. I'm not a developer, so the ease or complication of the following is completely oblivious to me

1. Every time I select Gingerbread Keyboard for the input method, it immediately forces closed. No big deal, I don't mind the blackout keyboard, I'm just curious what the Gingerbread one is like.
    2. I remember reading some posts in this thread about the battery icon in the status bar. I agree that it is small and hard to read, which is inconvenient. Is there a fix or change on the way? Not a deal breaker, just curious.
    3. Is there a way to make the home screen go landscape? I have had a Samsung Moment and Moto Droid in the past for work and they would do that, but only when the slide out keyboards were used. Were the slideouts necessary for making that work, or can it be done on the Captivate hardware? I use landscape for almost everything, so it would be nice on the home screen and the app menu too. Again, not a big deal as no other rom I have tried does this, just a convenience thing for me.
    4. On the Tron theme, could there possibly be a live wallpaper on the way? I think one similar to the default wallpaper would be great if the lines had a pulsating glow and touch response and that sort of thing.

No really significant issues for me so far. It was having trouble yesterday transitioning between WAPs at my office on the same network and I would have to cycle the WiFi to get a connection again, but so far today, that hasn't been a problem. If that becomes a more regular issue, I'll let you know.

Again great ROM! Thanks for helping make the android community a better place!

Dorian you are the MAN...Just got off the phone with ATT and they are shipping me a new captivate

They wanted to charge me 20 bucks for overnight shipping and I started going on and on about how they screwed us with Froyo, the GPS and this sleep death thing...And she waived the fee!!!

Anyone else getting sleep death...Check your IMEI number and call ATT!!!!

THanks again Dorian

Alright, I have been using this fantastic build for a week and have just now discovered a bug. When you go to edit a contact this error pops up(android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly). Is this a known issue? Again, you are the man.

Okay I start having issues with dialer also. It's force close a lot today. And Blue tooth. Stop working. Even though I like the theme, I think I am going back to V4. Let me know if you have fix for dialer

Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links