-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Dear sir , im stack in here .... doest know wat is mean > #Now, place my ROM zip on your phone's internal SD storage.# ...

Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Dear sir , im stack in here .... doest know wat is mean > #Now, place my ROM zip on your phone's internal SD storage.# any help ? tq

thank you . i had to pull battery and just restart flash . thx

Shout out to Darian !

Gotta give it to ya . i did this i'd say within a hour . went smooth a few bumps but they were fixable . all i had to do if anything didn't work or seemed to be stuck was reboot try again . as for reboot into Flash ClockworkMod Recovery i had to reinstall pack a few times for it to come up to that recovery instead of default . i also had to try 2 twice to flash darians zip . pulled battery restarted brought me right back to recovery had to reinstall again do the flash and it started right up ' took about 15 min . the rooting process was really easy .
    Npw the likes . This rom here is sweet ! best rom i have used yet . it's clean fast . just way better . everything works , gps , wifi , tethering , signal , speed , just really nice . i encourage anyone to take the step to try and do this . it's not hard and u can always re flash your phone back . so no sweat . also , i had posted a question on here and it got answered within a few hours . not bad .
    So , again , thx for the time put into making this here rom . very good work .
    OH , one last thing . my only peeve is the lights where the tough buttons r stay lit sometimes after screenlock ?? i saw someone else mentioned this in previous thread and someone said it was notifications and it can be turnt off in recovery etc etc ,.. im not sure if that's what it is but i would be willing to give it a try . it only seems to do it when u first either go into screen lock or u press the key for screen lock . it doesn't randomly do it after the lights do go out . so that is why i am not to sure it is the notifications . have you heard anyhting else about this ? thx , great work !

Shout out to Darian !

Well said - and great review of Dorian's first publicly available ROM. I have used it since day 1 and am very happy. To the point that I'm leery to try the forthcoming update. As you said, everything works and from what I've read that is a quality many of the other ROM's available don't have.
    I wonder if the update does not work as well if I can return to Dorian's original without having to start all the way from step 1.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by fox3x View Post
    Gotta give it to ya . i did this i'd say within a hour . went smooth a few bumps but they were fixable . all i had to do if anything didn't work or seemed to be stuck was reboot try again . as for reboot into Flash ClockworkMod Recovery i had to reinstall pack a few times for it to come up to that recovery instead of default . i also had to try 2 twice to flash darians zip . pulled battery restarted brought me right back to recovery had to reinstall again do the flash and it started right up ' took about 15 min . the rooting process was really easy .
    Npw the likes . This rom here is sweet ! best rom i have used yet . it's clean fast . just way better . everything works , gps , wifi , tethering , signal , speed , just really nice . i encourage anyone to take the step to try and do this . it's not hard and u can always re flash your phone back . so no sweat . also , i had posted a question on here and it got answered within a few hours . not bad .
    So , again , thx for the time put into making this here rom . very good work .
    OH , one last thing . my only peeve is the lights where the tough buttons r stay lit sometimes after screenlock ?? i saw someone else mentioned this in previous thread and someone said it was notifications and it can be turnt off in recovery etc etc ,.. im not sure if that's what it is but i would be willing to give it a try . it only seems to do it when u first either go into screen lock or u press the key for screen lock . it doesn't randomly do it after the lights do go out . so that is why i am not to sure it is the notifications . have you heard anyhting else about this ? thx , great work !
    Thanks very much! I'm sorry it gave you a bit of trouble, but I'm glad you like the end product! To disable the Backlight Notifications (button lights stay on), go to the market and download BLN Control. From that you can disable it, and never have to worry about it. If it's something you guys think you won't ever use, I can talk to the the developer and see if I can include it with future ROM's, for convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by vic007 View Post
    Well said - and great review of Dorian's first publicly available ROM. I have used it since day 1 and am very happy. To the point that I'm leery to try the forthcoming update. As you said, everything works and from what I've read that is a quality many of the other ROM's available don't have.
    I wonder if the update does not work as well if I can return to Dorian's original without having to start all the way from step 1.
    Indeed. If you're still enjoying this ROM..... The update will actually be a full system wipe, because it isn't based on UGJK3 code which is base 2.2. The update is based on XXJPY and is the last service update to Froyo 2.2.1.

About the process if something goes wrong... if it won't install, reboot back into the stock 2.1 (if it wouldn't install 2.1 will still be there) and re-download the ROM. Now delete the corrupted version off the SD and place the new one there. Now re-boot back into recovery from ROM Manager and try again.

i rebooted into the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery and did as you said . so far so good . np since . thx again . also , what r u referring to another ROM update ?? froyo ?? when is this and what would the full benefits be . i really am not sure if i would want to go through this again if not necessary . thx for the great work !

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    i rebooted into the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery and did as you said . so far so good . np since . thx again . also , what r u referring to another ROM update ?? froyo ?? when is this and what would the full benefits be . i really am not sure if i would want to go through this again if not necessary . thx for the great work !
    Oh, it's not necessary, it's just an updated code base. Nothing visible to the user will change. So if you like this one, there's no reason to flash if you don't want to.

ok , thx darian ! are you on facebook ? i find it easier to follow people who r on facebook groups or pages ! thx

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    ok , thx darian ! are you on facebook ? i find it easier to follow people who r on facebook groups or pages ! thx
    Actually I do have one, but I swore off using it a while back..LOL. I need to create a twitter account.

Dear Sir ... i been installed the version and run very smooth and fast . tqvm , but the battery life is weak ... any way to solve ?

Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links