-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; There is currently a problem with bluetooth that I have noticed... Enable bluetooth.. Use it all works fine.. Turn off bluetooth.. Wait a few then ...

Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

There is currently a problem with bluetooth that I have noticed...

Enable bluetooth.. Use it all works fine.. Turn off bluetooth.. Wait a few then try re-enabling bluetooth and it will just hang.. Rebooting the phone fixes that.. But seems you can not on then off the bluetooth and keep it working..

I am not getting force close on anything so far.. Seems to be running rock solid shy of the few problems I have listed.. Which honestly are not really big problems at all and are all well worth it for the functionality of it all

Another bug which I do not know if it is part of what you do with this build or not but the Facebook integration between the contacts and Facebook is slightly flawed.. Doesn't pick up Family members on people who are friends..

Cool

hey i found out alil something. in the same place same server same everything except for the updated kernel my data speeds are drastically different. V5 i average 2mbps download. With new version 6 i barely get past 0.5 mbps... i use internet i like it to be fast. so that might be something to look at but if people like it cool. im reverting back to version 5

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz28 View Post
    hey dorian im loving this rom. ive tried all 3 and love this one the most. i had a quick question. it looks like all 3 roms use different modems. I personally hit 4 mbs download sometimes with it normally being around 2 mb down. is there a better modem in your opinion that would give us better data speeds cause i havent tested the others yet. Just wondering since your like a andriod god haha
    Well, actually the best ones I've noticed are UGJK3, UGJK4, and TLJL3. I'm using JK3's modem here with this ROM and JL3 with XWJS3 and XXJPY. The JK4 modem tends to be better for geographically rural or mountainous areas, while TLJL3 seems to be better in densely populated areas. JK3 is a mixture of those two.

Quote Originally Posted by indiadelta View Post
    Dorian,
    Just flashed V6 yesterday. Love it. Absolutely fantastic. Rocking the Tron theme which is also awesome. I do have a few (I hope simple) questions. I'm not a developer, so the ease or complication of the following is completely oblivious to me

1. Every time I select Gingerbread Keyboard for the input method, it immediately forces closed. No big deal, I don't mind the blackout keyboard, I'm just curious what the Gingerbread one is like.
    2. I remember reading some posts in this thread about the battery icon in the status bar. I agree that it is small and hard to read, which is inconvenient. Is there a fix or change on the way? Not a deal breaker, just curious.
    3. Is there a way to make the home screen go landscape? I have had a Samsung Moment and Moto Droid in the past for work and they would do that, but only when the slide out keyboards were used. Were the slideouts necessary for making that work, or can it be done on the Captivate hardware? I use landscape for almost everything, so it would be nice on the home screen and the app menu too. Again, not a big deal as no other rom I have tried does this, just a convenience thing for me.
    4. On the Tron theme, could there possibly be a live wallpaper on the way? I think one similar to the default wallpaper would be great if the lines had a pulsating glow and touch response and that sort of thing.

No really significant issues for me so far. It was having trouble yesterday transitioning between WAPs at my office on the same network and I would have to cycle the WiFi to get a connection again, but so far today, that hasn't been a problem. If that becomes a more regular issue, I'll let you know.

Again great ROM! Thanks for helping make the android community a better place!
    1. The Gingerbread keyboard that's not working will be fixed here shortly. I'm making it a priority.
    2. In keeping as close to the Gingerbread theme as possible, it's the only way I can implement a battery % measurement, because the actual Gingerbread doesn't have numbers inside the icon, only varying levels of green. I can post a flashable alternative to the normal battery measurement, though it will radically change the way it looks.
    3. Indeed, there is, though it requires you to install a different launcher from the market... like launcherPro or ADWLauncher. The launcher used in JK3/JPY/JS3 is the actual launcher from the Nexus S... and Google didn't write landscape functionality into it. I can modify it to where home is default landscape, but there's no easy switching back and forth between landscape and portrait for the home screen in Launcher2 without actually flashing a different version of the launcher for portrait or landscape.
    4. I have been thinking about that.

Quote Originally Posted by civ122 View Post
    Dorian you are the MAN...Just got off the phone with ATT and they are shipping me a new captivate

They wanted to charge me 20 bucks for overnight shipping and I started going on and on about how they screwed us with Froyo, the GPS and this sleep death thing...And she waived the fee!!!

Anyone else getting sleep death...Check your IMEI number and call ATT!!!!

THanks again Dorian
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by imadictator View Post
    Alright, I have been using this fantastic build for a week and have just now discovered a bug. When you go to edit a contact this error pops up(android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly). Is this a known issue? Again, you are the man.
    Hmm... Thanks for posting that bug! I'll get that fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by cuneyyy View Post
    Okay I start having issues with dialer also. It's force close a lot today. And Blue tooth. Stop working. Even though I like the theme, I think I am going back to V4. Let me know if you have fix for dialer
    Interesting. I don't seem to be having those issues. I'm planning to rearrange a bunch of things in V7 so I'll see what I can do about making it more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    There is currently a problem with bluetooth that I have noticed...

Enable bluetooth.. Use it all works fine.. Turn off bluetooth.. Wait a few then try re-enabling bluetooth and it will just hang.. Rebooting the phone fixes that.. But seems you can not on then off the bluetooth and keep it working..

I am not getting force close on anything so far.. Seems to be running rock solid shy of the few problems I have listed.. Which honestly are not really big problems at all and are all well worth it for the functionality of it all
    That maybe an issue with the kernel, I'll look into it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Another bug which I do not know if it is part of what you do with this build or not but the Facebook integration between the contacts and Facebook is slightly flawed.. Doesn't pick up Family members on people who are friends..
    That's a toughie. Facebook integration on non-carrier branded ROM's is hit-and-miss sometimes. I'm working on pulling some new sync APK's from some newer ROM builds, so hopefully that can be fixed soon.

hey i found out alil something. in the same place same server same everything except for the updated kernel my data speeds are drastically different. V5 i average 2mbps download. With new version 6 i barely get past 0.5 mbps... i use internet i like it to be fast. so that might be something to look at but if people like it cool. im reverting back to version 5
    Kernel changes wouldn't affect download speeds, and nothing modem wise has changed since the initial version. Are you measuring download speeds over WiFi or 3G?

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

The speedtest app is total crap. I have tried out a bunch of modems and kernels now and can tell you its nothing to do with the ROM. I love how I look at the server list and it tells me Palo Alto, CA is the closest server (26 miles) to ping from when I live 3 minutes from downtown San Jose, CA (less than 5 miles). I still got a better ping from Palo Alto than the San Jose server which leaves me to believe it's congestion in the network during the day. Sometimes using KP1 I would get up to 4 mbps and other times I would get less than 0.3 mbps. I use the modem JK3 now with hardcore speedmod and I still get the same fluctuation but stopped caring because I know its not accurate.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    The speedtest app is total crap. I have tried out a bunch of modems and kernels now and can tell you its nothing to do with the ROM. I love how I look at the server list and it tells me Palo Alto, CA is the closest server (26 miles) to ping from when I live 3 minutes from downtown San Jose, CA (less than 5 miles). I still got a better ping from Palo Alto than the San Jose server which leaves me to believe it's congestion in the network during the day. Sometimes using KP1 I would get up to 4 mbps and other times I would get less than 0.3 mbps. I use the modem JK3 now with hardcore speedmod and I still get the same fluctuation but stopped caring because I know its not accurate.
    Exactly. The SpeedTest app from Ookla isn't very accurate because while my closest server is in Atlanta, it usually pings somewhere in Illinois. It's because of the way AT&T shapes data traffic over their network.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

GRACIS DORIAN!!! your da man thanks for the info. JK3 or JL3 it is. keep the beautiful roms coming !

Red face My contribution to V7

Dorian said...
    "I'm planning to rearrange a bunch of things in V7 so I'll see what I can do about making it more stable."

Now my two cents worth V7 V7 V7
    Please cut & paste so it shows in "About phone"

Thanks for the great Rom once again! switched from jpy to jk3 v5. since i updated to v6 getting force closes for the phone and it vibrates nonstop or rings until i hit force close. On v5 i didnt have any issue with that.. any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by aaronf View Post
    Thanks for the great Rom once again! switched from jpy to jk3 v5. since i updated to v6 getting force closes for the phone and it vibrates nonstop or rings until i hit force close. On v5 i didnt have any issue with that.. any ideas?
    Are you using BLN? I had weird problems with v6 and this app. I had to turn it off for this ROM version.

Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links