-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Just an update for everyone. Tried the tethering in V6, connecting my laptop to the internet via my Captivate using V6 and WiFi. Speedtest.net reported ...

Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Just an update for everyone. Tried the tethering in V6, connecting my laptop to the internet via my Captivate using V6 and WiFi. Speedtest.net reported 1.8Mb/s down and 0.2Mb/s up. User experience is not bad - just about like surfing or checking mail on the phone. It's not a blazing connection, but everything works. Very cool. Using it to post this.

Any idea why the download is so much faster than the upload?

When you say it can take several minutes to boot how long about is that, after I do all the instructions and reboot it it is stuck on the ATT world phone screen, and I hear the 3g animation sound but it never leaves the first screen i have tried 3 times now. I usually pull the battery after about 5-10 min.

I figured out why I was getting the error message when editing contacts. My contacts are all saved on my sim card and I think that is part of the issue. I tried making a new contact and saving it to phone memory and when I edited that contact I had zero errors. Now I know the ailment; now I must figure a way to fix it.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
    When you say it can take several minutes to boot how long about is that, after I do all the instructions and reboot it it is stuck on the ATT world phone screen, and I hear the 3g animation sound but it never leaves the first screen i have tried 3 times now. I usually pull the battery after about 5-10 min.
    If you still hear the 3G swoosh sound the flash didn't work, or you missed a step. Properly done you shouldn't have a startup sound.

Quote Originally Posted by imadictator View Post
    I figured out why I was getting the error message when editing contacts. My contacts are all saved on my sim card and I think that is part of the issue. I tried making a new contact and saving it to phone memory and when I edited that contact I had zero errors. Now I know the ailment; now I must figure a way to fix it.
    Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MOON77 View Post
    Just an update for everyone. Tried the tethering in V6, connecting my laptop to the internet via my Captivate using V6 and WiFi. Speedtest.net reported 1.8Mb/s down and 0.2Mb/s up. User experience is not bad - just about like surfing or checking mail on the phone. It's not a blazing connection, but everything works. Very cool. Using it to post this.

Any idea why the download is so much faster than the upload?
    Upload is highly dependent on local physical landscape, while download isn't. Download is faster 9 times out of 10 though because the transfer rates are asynchronous.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

I figgered it out, I was trying to use your regular gingerbread theme as a rom, I think that was wrong. I'm using the citrus now but the gingerbread keyboard don't work. I'll figger that out later though I know I saw a fix for it in this thread somewhere.

I recently had a problem where my phone pull down bar was green and wouldnt do anything.. Then it just rebooted by itself.. Havnt had a problem since.. I wasn't doing anything with the phone at the time.. I had just gotten off a call and set the phone down right after I hit the power button to put the screen to sleep.. about 30 seconds later the screen turned back on and did that.. Weird.. Just reporting that in.. Was running v6..

I figgered it out, I was trying to use your regular gingerbread theme as a rom, I think that was wrong. I'm using the citrus now but the gingerbread keyboard don't work. I'll figger that out later though I know I saw a fix for it in this thread somewhere.
    Dorian said he was working on a fix for the gingerbread keyboard and he will eventually release it. If you are impatient there is a gingerbread keyboard app from the marketplace. I have tried it and it works quite well.(still like the blackout one better though)

Hi Moon77, what are you using for tethering?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    LOL.. Yea. The theme won't work on the stock ROM, and it's just the theme files.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I recently had a problem where my phone pull down bar was green and wouldnt do anything.. Then it just rebooted by itself.. Havnt had a problem since.. I wasn't doing anything with the phone at the time.. I had just gotten off a call and set the phone down right after I hit the power button to put the screen to sleep.. about 30 seconds later the screen turned back on and did that.. Weird.. Just reporting that in.. Was running v6..
    When the status bar is green, that means a call is in progress, or the phone app is having an issue... either way I'm glad it sorted itself out!

Quote Originally Posted by imadictator View Post
    Dorian said he was working on a fix for the gingerbread keyboard and he will eventually release it. If you are impatient there is a gingerbread keyboard app from the marketplace. I have tried it and it works quite well.(still like the blackout one better though)
    Indeed, that's in V7.

Quote Originally Posted by setdosa View Post
    Hi Moon77, what are you using for tethering?
    Go to Settings --> Wireless and Network --> Mobile AP. That will let you tether over WiFi... for free.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Thanks Dorian...I have a small request. Can you increase the battery icon size by a few pixels. Having the percentage is awesome but its so small that its very hard to read. A suggestion would be make the battery horizontal so we get more vertical and horizontal pixels for the percentage numbers.

Thanks again for being so responsive.

Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links