-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Hi Dorian - This has nothing to do with your great work. When I go to rom manager and click cwm, the phone reboots. Then ...

Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Hi Dorian - This has nothing to do with your great work. When I go to rom manager and click cwm, the phone reboots. Then it trys to run through it's update.zip etc. but it errors out with the statement
    - e: Failed To Verify Whole File Signature -
    - e: Signature Verification Failed -
    It hangs there so I pull the battery and replace it. The phone then reboots into the correct place so I can continue with the Tron Theme or whatever I am flashing. I had this same problem when I did your UJK3 v5 at which time you said to install cwm again. Is that what it will take to fix it again?

Thank you for your help Dorian
    superdog404

hey dorian. I am finding att apps realy annoying. I tried rooting my phone with no luck, don't know what I am doing wrong. HELP.

Quote Originally Posted by bigchune22 View Post
    hey dorian. I am finding att apps realy annoying. I tried rooting my phone with no luck, don't know what I am doing wrong. HELP.
    [GUIDE] How to Install a custom ROM *NOW WITH VIDEOS* - xda-developers
    It's under "Step 2"

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by setdosa View Post
    Thanks Dorian...I have a small request. Can you increase the battery icon size by a few pixels. Having the percentage is awesome but its so small that its very hard to read. A suggestion would be make the battery horizontal so we get more vertical and horizontal pixels for the percentage numbers.

Thanks again for being so responsive.
    I can do that, yes, as an alternative to the normal...

Quote Originally Posted by superdog404 View Post
    Hi Dorian - This has nothing to do with your great work. When I go to rom manager and click cwm, the phone reboots. Then it trys to run through it's update.zip etc. but it errors out with the statement
    - e: Failed To Verify Whole File Signature -
    - e: Signature Verification Failed -
    It hangs there so I pull the battery and replace it. The phone then reboots into the correct place so I can continue with the Tron Theme or whatever I am flashing. I had this same problem when I did your UJK3 v5 at which time you said to install cwm again. Is that what it will take to fix it again?

Thank you for your help Dorian
    superdog404
    With errors like that, you have a corrupted package... which comes from disconnecting the phone without ejecting/unmounting the phone storage... or from a bad download. I'd say just delete what you've downloaded, and re-download.

Are you just wanting to root?

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Download this -->SuperOneClickv1.6.5-ShortFuse.zip and then install it following this-->[PROGRAM] Updated:One Click Root/UnRoot (Mac and PC) - xda-developers Make sure you have your drivers installed on your computer for your phone as well.

Hey Dorian. Thanks for getting me addicting to flashing roms on my phone. I've had 4 different roms on this thing in the last 3 days (perception sucks). Since everybody seems to be griping about the battery icon, I have a suggestion: [ROM] • FireFly 2.1 • [2/10/2011] |I promise it won't sting, ok maybe a little| - xda-developers Firefly has 4 different mods for the battery icon, all off which are easy to read. Incorporating something similar to any of those 4 would be pretty snazzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Ok, aaronf, if you could install the Gingerbread theming, that would replace all the frameworks for the UI and several phone related APKs. That's the only thing I know to do, because I've been trying for the past hour and a half, to reproduce that issue and I haven't been able to... with incoming or outgoing calls.
    Hi Dorian, I think phone problem is related to lock screen. I was using pattern lock with V6 and had that problem and install the V4 which never had any problem before, but with the pattern lock had a force close today at the incoming call. I remove the pattern lock and no problem so far. I hope that will shed some light to this mystery.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by cuneyyy View Post
    Hi Dorian, I think phone problem is related to lock screen. I was using pattern lock with V6 and had that problem and install the V4 which never had any problem before, but with the pattern lock had a force close today at the incoming call. I remove the pattern lock and no problem so far. I hope that will shed some light to this mystery.
    Yea, I'm doing a re-write/clean-up of the frameworks... including the "android.policy.jar" which is the lockscreen.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

You know, when you go and visit XDA developers forum, you realize and appreciate this forum site very much, because that place is a chaos. Instructions are unclear, Roms are all over the place, and they say after installing the rom you have to install number of patches and drivers. it is way to confusing to me. That's why I stay here. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by cuneyyy View Post
    You know, when you go and visit XDA developers forum, you realize and appreciate this forum site very much, because that place is a chaos. Instructions are unclear, Roms are all over the place, and they say after installing the rom you have to install number of patches and drivers. it is way to confusing to me. That's why I stay here. Thanks again.
    Amen.

Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links