-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Has there been any progress on the 2.3 port, Dorian?...

Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Has there been any progress on the 2.3 port, Dorian?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by superdog404 View Post
    Sorry "Kernel"
    You'll want to get the i897 version. Hardcore's kernel is an i9000 kernel that's re-oriented for the i897.

Quote Originally Posted by kerrrrvin View Post
    Has there been any progress on the 2.3 port, Dorian?
    It's up and running. BUT.. WiFi causes sleep death, GPS doesn't work (at all), cellular radios drain the battery QUICK, and there are issues with the mount points for the internal and external SD cards. But otherwise it's still truckin. Once the kernel gets a bit more "ironed out", I'll throw up an alpha.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

One bug with V6 is that when you take a photo it does not update it to the gallery.. The work around is either reboot the phone to get it to rescan the media or get an app that forces the media rescan.. Which is fine.. Just want to point it out..

Reproducible..

Take photo
    Go to Gallery, photo will not be there..

Pics show up fine on my phone. Also running V6.

can some one tell me how to install "Regular Gingerbread Theme for UGJK3". I just installed 'ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo', and not to crazy about the orange.
    when I try to use Rom Manager, Install from SD Card, error shows up saying remove empty spaces in the file name..

Thank you for the help.

in the stock version of Android 2.1, in the contacts, it was marked what contact was from Google, what contact was from corporate exchange, is it possible to add that to contacts? Thanks

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by dvidacak View Post
    can some one tell me how to install "Regular Gingerbread Theme for UGJK3". I just installed 'ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo', and not to crazy about the orange.
    when I try to use Rom Manager, Install from SD Card, error shows up saying remove empty spaces in the file name..

Thank you for the help.
    You can't use ROM Manager to install anything here... I just have it listed because it's the most straightforward way to install ClockworkMod Recovery. Boot into recovery and install the theme like you did the ROM. It's the same process.

in the stock version of Android 2.1, in the contacts, it was marked what contact was from Google, what contact was from corporate exchange, is it possible to add that to contacts? Thanks
    I can look into that, but I can't say I have that issue. My contacts are labeled on the right hand side whether they're Google sync'd contacts or SIM, etc..

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Hi Dorian. Is the phone bug fixed with V6 another question do you know anything about Inspire 4G data speed problems? Thanks.

Gingerbread Theme

Thank you for the help.
    Sorry, I am having the same issue. I am running V6 'orange' and would like to have the option to use live wallpapers and more. I don't see the option when I boot into recovery to install another version or theme.

Maybe I am just thick??

Quote Originally Posted by Cytoman View Post
    Sorry, I am having the same issue. I am running V6 'orange' and would like to have the option to use live wallpapers and more. I don't see the option when I boot into recovery to install another version or theme.

Maybe I am just thick??
    Boot into Recovery.
    You should have a bunch of green text if done correctly. If not, refer to page 1 of this thread
    "-install zip from sdcard" -> "-choose zip from sdcard" -> go to whatever folder the zip file is in -> select that file -> "- Yes - Install (insert file name here)" -> The screen should go a little wonky with text everywhere while it installs -> "+++++Go Back+++++" -> "-reboot system now" = DONE.

Hope that helps.

Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links