-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; ^What he said. Just FYI though, I include the ability to run live wallpapers in all my ROM's... but the actual wallpapers themselves vary, and ...

Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 649

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

  1. #581
    Super Moderator Dorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    between 850-1900MHz
    Posts
    885
    Thanked
    71 times
    Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    ^What he said.

    Just FYI though, I include the ability to run live wallpapers in all my ROM's... but the actual wallpapers themselves vary, and you can get a bunch of them from the Market.

    Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

  2. #582
    Member kerrrrvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    55
    Suggestion: Would you consider including the Honeycomb music app in the next version instead of the current stock version. The 3.0 app just looks more polished.

  3. #583
    Super Moderator Dorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    between 850-1900MHz
    Posts
    885
    Thanked
    71 times
    Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrrrvin View Post
    Suggestion: Would you consider including the Honeycomb music app in the next version instead of the current stock version. The 3.0 app just looks more polished.
    I thought about that, but it's pretty unstable. I use my Captivate like a lot of people use their iPods... and sometimes the honeycomb music app would force quit and wouldn't come back without a restart. Maybe if there's a later build released that is a little more stable. I'll include it as an optional download though.

    Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

  4. #584
    Member jetrae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    37
    Dorian, I am hoping you can help me with an issue. My hard drive on my laptop recently had to be replaced. Yesterday, I made an attempt to install the latest hardcore kernel using ODIN, and it would not connect to my phone. I was able to install the kernel through a zip, but here is my concern. If I would need to flash back to stock, I would not be able to use the ODIN one-click to do so. I have tried re-installing Kies, and the USB drivers, but it still does not connect. Any suggestions you can offer, would be very helpful. At this point, I don't know if I would want to flash my phone any more because I might not be able to repair it if the flash fails.

    Edit: I downloaded a different version of Kies, and got the phone to connect to ODIN again. Thank the lord!!!....I thought for sure I was going to go into withdraw just thinking about not being able to flash!.....LOL

  5. #585
    Super Moderator Dorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    between 850-1900MHz
    Posts
    885
    Thanked
    71 times
    Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrae View Post
    Dorian, I am hoping you can help me with an issue. My hard drive on my laptop recently had to be replaced. Yesterday, I made an attempt to install the latest hardcore kernel using ODIN, and it would not connect to my phone. I was able to install the kernel through a zip, but here is my concern. If I would need to flash back to stock, I would not be able to use the ODIN one-click to do so. I have tried re-installing Kies, and the USB drivers, but it still does not connect. Any suggestions you can offer, would be very helpful. At this point, I don't know if I would want to flash my phone any more because I might not be able to repair it if the flash fails.

    Edit: I downloaded a different version of Kies, and got the phone to connect to ODIN again. Thank the lord!!!....I thought for sure I was going to go into withdraw just thinking about not being able to flash!.....LOL
    Wait... You use Kies?

    Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

  6. #586
    Member jetrae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Wait... You use Kies?
    I don't use Kies. However, I have found on my computer, if I don't have a working version of Kies on it, I cannot get ODIN to recognize my phone.

  7. #587
    Junior Member funatca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3

    Unable to install XXJPY 2.2.1

    Hello Dorian...

    I tried to switch to your XXJPY 2.2.1 V3 on my samsung Captivate. I followed the steps but after placing your zip file in internal memory, I never got the option "install zip from SD card" to select your zip file to flash it. I tried multiple times "reinstall packages" but could not flash. When I tried by going to ROM Manager -> Instal ROM from SD Card -> Dorian's XXJPY v3.zip, it throws me error message that "ROM Manager is unable to open this file. Please remove any spaces from your file and folder path. Or run ti manually via ClockworkMod recovery". When I searched the net with you name, I landed in this forum. I'm confused. Please let me know whether I need to correct XXJPY or I need to install the V6 of this thread. Please advice.

  8. #588
    Super Moderator Dorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    between 850-1900MHz
    Posts
    885
    Thanked
    71 times
    Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by funatca View Post
    Hello Dorian...

    I tried to switch to your XXJPY 2.2.1 V3 on my samsung Captivate. I followed the steps but after placing your zip file in internal memory, I never got the option "install zip from SD card" to select your zip file to flash it. I tried multiple times "reinstall packages" but could not flash. When I tried by going to ROM Manager -> Instal ROM from SD Card -> Dorian's XXJPY v3.zip, it throws me error message that "ROM Manager is unable to open this file. Please remove any spaces from your file and folder path. Or run ti manually via ClockworkMod recovery". When I searched the net with you name, I landed in this forum. I'm confused. Please let me know whether I need to correct XXJPY or I need to install the V6 of this thread. Please advice.
    I'm about to post a new JS5 beta... that would be probably the best route right now. JK3 has just about reached maturity, and with one more update for a couple of bug fixes, I think it's going to be EOL.

    Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

  9. #589
    Junior Member funatca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    I'm about to post a new JS5 beta... that would be probably the best route right now. JK3 has just about reached maturity, and with one more update for a couple of bug fixes, I think it's going to be EOL.
    Thank you for the response!!! I'm pretty new in this area. I would appreciate if some one could say what is JK3, JS5, Gingerbred etc... May be a link where I can read and understand better. Most of the terms are pretty new for me. Can some one throw some light?

  10. #590
    Super Moderator Dorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    between 850-1900MHz
    Posts
    885
    Thanked
    71 times
    Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by funatca View Post
    Thank you for the response!!! I'm pretty new in this area. I would appreciate if some one could say what is JK3, JS5, Gingerbred etc... May be a link where I can read and understand better. Most of the terms are pretty new for me. Can some one throw some light?
    JS3/JS5/JK3/JPY are all build numbers of Android software put out by Samsung. Different builds have different features and bugfixes. JS5 is the latest out right now, and it's a 2.2.1 Froyo ROM. When I say "Gingerbread" it just means that's it's visual theme, so it looks like Android 2.3 Gingerbread.

    The reason JK3 is going EOL (End Of Life) is because it's an older build, and it's base is 2.2, not 2.2.1. The 2.2.1 means it's 2.2 Froyo update 1, which is like a service pack for Windows.

    Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

android slp

,

android slp download

,

android slp free download

,
android slp odin
,
how to upgrade android 2.3.6 to 4.0
,
odin 3 android slp download
,
odin3 android slp
,

odin3 android slp download

,

odin3 android slp download free

,

odin3 android slp free download

,

odin3. android slp

,

ugjk3

,
www.wow.sweet.com
,
www.wowsweet.com
,
wwwwowswet.com
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum