-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by kennwire Dear Sir ... i been installed the version and run very smooth and fast . tqvm , but the battery life ...

Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by kennwire View Post
    Dear Sir ... i been installed the version and run very smooth and fast . tqvm , but the battery life is weak ... any way to solve ?
    If you installed it on anything other than 100% charge, you may need to re-calibrate your battery stats. To do that:

Charge your phone all the way to 100%, and go into ROM Manager and "Reboot into Recovery".
    In recovery, go down to "Advanced ClockworkMod Features" --> then "Wipe Battery Stats".
    After that's done reboot back into Android and let your battery discharge until the phone cuts itself off at 0%.
    Now charge it back to 100%.

After that it should show better battery life estimates.

I like it a lot man. It's really good. I am a daily reader on this site and XDA. A lot of the posts for small mods like a battery icon for example say it will work with "popular roms", I am confused about trying it. Any advice??

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    If the mod that you're looking at says it works with UGJK3 ROM's, or just JK3 ROM's in general, then it should work fine.

Red face How do I install the update ?

Dorian,
    I am using your "Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition" and would like to use the updated XXJPY
    1) Do I have to go to the original 2.1 that the Captivate came with or can I start from
    Now, place my ROM zip on your phone's internal SD storage.
    Unplug your phone, and go into ROM Manager and select "Reboot into Recovery - etc.
    2) If I backup with Titanium what I now have, will I be able to restore all my apps & data to the updated ROM ? (After copying back the saved directory from my PC)
    If you do not want to clutter this thread with help to a beginner, please email me directly
    Thanks and keep up the good work.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by vic007 View Post
    Dorian,
    I am using your "Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition" and would like to use the updated XXJPY
    1) Do I have to go to the original 2.1 that the Captivate came with or can I start from
    Now, place my ROM zip on your phone's internal SD storage.
    Unplug your phone, and go into ROM Manager and select "Reboot into Recovery - etc.
    2) If I backup with Titanium what I now have, will I be able to restore all my apps & data to the updated ROM ? (After copying back the saved directory from my PC)
    If you do not want to clutter this thread with help to a beginner, please email me directly
    Thanks and keep up the good work.
    Actually, between that massive storm front that rolled through the southeast last night and all the tower equipment that got fried because of it, I've been non-stop since last night at around 11. Before I was going to post it, I re-flashed my phone to the package I was going to release and it did the same thing that JPU, JPX, and JPY do... force-closes, and boot loops all over the place. 2.2.1 makes me want to pull my hair out..LOL True story. So, what I'm going to do is optimize the heck out of JK3, increase battery efficiency, include Voltage Control, and skin it a little deeper and upload that instead. UGJK3 is still my favorite base so far, as everything works as it should. With the updated JK3 you won't have to go all the way through the initial install process, just start at ClockworkMod and install it from there. It should be updated in just a little while, just as soon as I get back home.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Actually, I used that for one that I built, and it booted but had FC's all over the place. It has to do with my customizations, as base JPY works fine. Thanks for the link though! That makes putting a base ROM together super easy.

Hi Dorian , when u gonna launch the update version for increase battery life edition ? becoz the current version i installed heavy battery consumption , i do exchange battery from my wife galaxy S I9000 but the result is same , hopefully u can invent a better performance version . Thank You

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by kennwire View Post
    Hi Dorian , when u gonna launch the update version for increase battery life edition ? becoz the current version i installed heavy battery consumption , i do exchange battery from my wife galaxy S I9000 but the result is same , hopefully u can invent a better performance version . Thank You
    I'm working on things as I type.

I've made some major inroads into finding out what the issue was with JPY. I was wanting to implement extended power menu control options like "Reboot, Reboot Recovery, Download Mode..." and framework-res.apk was where my issues were at. So I've removed the extended options, and added a few things here and there and JPY is coming along ONCE AGAIN..LOL. Sorry for the confusion you guys!

Sometimes you just have to step back and think about a problem for a minute.

Your rom rocks!

Dorian, I just want to say thank you! Thank you for making my phone into something it never was. Thank you for removing the ATT crap. Thank you for making the GPS work. Thank you for making everything work smooth as glass. Thank you for making my Captivate into the phone that Samsung did not. It is my belief that Samsung should offer you job! I look forward to your update, not because I have any complaints, only because I cant wait to see what you think of next!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links