-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Dorian, Is there going to be a V7 ? If yes, what can we look forward to ?...

Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Dorian,
    Is there going to be a V7 ?
    If yes, what can we look forward to ?

Hi Dorian. 2.2 is out. Have you tried it yet? Are you going to build a unlocked rom on that kernel. Please let me know. Thank You.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by vic007 View Post
    Dorian,
    Is there going to be a V7 ?
    If yes, what can we look forward to ?
    Yes, I'm still tracking down a couple of bugs though... Basically it's going to be bug fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by cuneyyy View Post
    Hi Dorian. 2.2 is out. Have you tried it yet? Are you going to build a unlocked rom on that kernel. Please let me know. Thank You.
    Well, yes and no. I'm not going to be using any of the ROM parts, or the radio. BUT, when the Captivate's 2.2 kernel source is released, it can be integrated into some of the kernels I use. Take it from me... The official AT&T Froyo isn't as good as the Froyo on the i9000 units.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Thanks for the tip. I think I am going to pass this update. I will wait for V7. V6 had a phone force close issue on my captivate. I drop back to V4 but still gets force close sometimes, especially when I am busy with another app. I download no lock app to by pass lock screen but it makes my phone really confused sometimes it does not know what to do. LOL. I hope V7 will work better, because V4 battery life not so good.

I am currently having an Exchange issue with the phone.. It seems to be randomly able to connect to my work mail.. Alot of times I get "Connection Error".. Clicking on Refresh just keeps saying that.. If I kill the email client and restart it, it will work a little bit then start doing that again.

There are no issues with POP or IMAP but to my work Exchange server.. And I double check I can ping it and I can bring it up via my home computer so I know it is not an issue with my mail server.

Once again just an FYI not a deal killer for me.. I still love this ROM

Dorian: How close is JS5 to being released? :D

Dorian, I must say that this ROM is very solid. I think it is my favorite ROM that is out for the Captivate right now. My only question is, is anyone having the phone occasionally force close? It happened once yesterday and once today when someone was calling me and I tried tried to answer it.
    Thank you so much for this excellent ROM and keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by peteseiler2010 View Post
    Dorian, I must say that this ROM is very solid. I think it is my favorite ROM that is out for the Captivate right now. My only question is, is anyone having the phone occasionally force close? It happened once yesterday and once today when someone was calling me and I tried tried to answer it.
    Thank you so much for this excellent ROM and keep up the great work!
    Yep, ROM is great but this unknown Force close of the phone is the bigest downside. I can deal with any other app force closing but phone is the primary reason I have this device. That's why I had to go back to a different version. But Dorian said he is working on it. Lets see.

I agree the phone is the most important part, but aside from that, this ROM is very nice. I have been trying different ROMs since getting my captivate and this is the first one I honestly could leave on my phone and be perfectly happy with. If the people at HeyTell could jsut fix the issue with their app not sending and receiving messages I'd be totally satisfied.

Exclamation Agreed Force Close and Now Random Shut Down

First, I have to agree that this a great ROM. I love the smooth, seemless appearance and the overall look and feel. It definitely surpasses everything else I've used (Perception, Serendipity, Cognition, Phoenix many others) from the standpoint of look and feel.

I too however am experiencing the random force close of the phone, and now since completely wiping the device, going back to factory, re-rooting and doing everything over again (step by step), I am also having random reboots as well. I do have one of the phones that is in the series of IMEI's that may have this problem inherent to the build of the device, however this device only reboots and does the phone shut down with this specific ROM.

Just adding a mention here. I love Dorian's work and really appreciate that you are as dedicated to this device and this forum as you are. No other developer does as much to support their work as you do, and your involvement in this forum is the only reason that I'm a member here, and only use XDA for reference from time to time. NOT COMPLAINING. Thanks, Dorian.

Quote Originally Posted by cuneyyy View Post
    Yep, ROM is great but this unknown Force close of the phone is the bigest downside. I can deal with any other app force closing but phone is the primary reason I have this device. That's why I had to go back to a different version. But Dorian said he is working on it. Lets see.

Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links