-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by DaUnderSheriff First, I have to agree that this a great ROM. I love the smooth, seemless appearance and the overall look and ...

Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by DaUnderSheriff View Post
    First, I have to agree that this a great ROM. I love the smooth, seemless appearance and the overall look and feel. It definitely surpasses everything else I've used (Perception, Serendipity, Cognition, Phoenix many others) from the standpoint of look and feel.

I too however am experiencing the random force close of the phone, and now since completely wiping the device, going back to factory, re-rooting and doing everything over again (step by step), I am also having random reboots as well. I do have one of the phones that is in the series of IMEI's that may have this problem inherent to the build of the device, however this device only reboots and does the phone shut down with this specific ROM.

Just adding a mention here. I love Dorian's work and really appreciate that you are as dedicated to this device and this forum as you are. No other developer does as much to support their work as you do, and your involvement in this forum is the only reason that I'm a member here, and only use XDA for reference from time to time. NOT COMPLAINING. Thanks, Dorian.
    Thanks!

About the random reboots... The genuine Captivate kernels don't show the issue as much as the re-oriented i9000 kernels do. The i9000 kernels really show instability very well... so what you're seeing shows that you'd need to send your phone in to get a replacement board (or a replacement phone if they so deem).

V7 should be coming very soon... I'm working on making it super stable, since this one is going EOL (aside from bug fixes).

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Understood. I'll try your JS5 ROM that's releasing tomorrow, but I'll be inclined to try V7 of this one as well. AT&T told me because I dropped my Captivate one time and I have a 1/16 inch dent in my plastic face that they won't honor the warranty without a $450 fee. Total BS, but I'm not going to play with them and get a new device until LTE comes out. Thanks again for the quick responses and frequent updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Thanks!

About the random reboots... The genuine Captivate kernels don't show the issue as much as the re-oriented i9000 kernels do. The i9000 kernels really show instability very well... so what you're seeing shows that you'd need to send your phone in to get a replacement board (or a replacement phone if they so deem).

V7 should be coming very soon... I'm working on making it super stable, since this one is going EOL (aside from bug fixes).

How long do you think it'll take to get a working I897 ROM from the leaked Gingerbread for Galaxy S?

Dorian,
    Is V7 going to be a wipeout or a "patch" ?

Dorian,
    I am having issues with my email. Last few days,is consistent, however it has been happening on and off since I installed V6. My emails are not going out they are just stuck in outbox. I receive emails fine, however I can't forwrad, replay, or send new email. My coworkers using Android 2.1 do not have this issue. My email is set up through 2007 exchange

Thank you for your help.

OK I just noticed that there is one outgoing email, but outbox is empty how can I clear that outgoing email?

Quote Originally Posted by dvidacak View Post
    Dorian,
    I am having issues with my email. Last few days,is consistent, however it has been happening on and off since I installed V6. My emails are not going out they are just stuck in outbox. I receive emails fine, however I can't forwrad, replay, or send new email. My coworkers using Android 2.1 do not have this issue. My email is set up through 2007 exchange

Thank you for your help.

OK I just noticed that there is one outgoing email, but outbox is empty how can I clear that outgoing email?
    I have noticed an issue myself where the phone seems to lose both 3G/EDGE and WiFi connectivity. The data-provider service, whatever it may be called, is apparently crashed. It prevents any sort of data transmission. Only a reboot solves it. Just saw it happen the other day, and have no idea what is responsible.

Maybe a reboot a day keeps the problems away. In your case, I would wager those outgoing emails will be fine after a reboot, then be sent. I can NOT guarantee that though. They could be lost, so prepare for that.

I isolated the reboots to a software ad that I did from SGS Tools. I added the Galaxy tab email and only with my Comcast email addresses, it would never download any of the emails and then it would cause the loop and reboots. I removed the Comcast emails (strictly POP), with the rest being my IMAP accounts, and it works flawlessly now. Crazy little bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Thanks!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    V7 beta... I still can't get the MMS issue fixed. It seems to be an inherent bug in this particular build. Phone issues seem to be fixed though, for me anyway. I never saw the issue to begin with, but apparently it happened with some frequency.

V7 Beta Download

EDIT: Posted.

Is this an update or a full wipe?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrrrvin View Post
    Is this an update or a full wipe?
    This one is a full wipe, but I'll have an update up soon... I just have to put it together.

Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links