-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Let me say something to Dorian: Don't fret about trying to please everyone. It is impossible. Focus on your code, which will in-turn please them ...

Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Let me say something to Dorian: Don't fret about trying to please everyone. It is impossible. Focus on your code, which will in-turn please them . Do it how you think things should be, that's my advice. Others who have input don't necessarily know the situation.

Also, those with expectations of support or immediate updates should curtail them. Development is a strange type of engineering that requires both creativity and logic. Some days, for whatever reason, my brain isn't in programming mode - and I think most programmers would know the feeling. When using a custom, free ROM .. remember this .

As for myself, sadly, I had to switch back to stock. I like you firmware better than all others to be honest. However, it was a matter of security for me. I didn't have the time to do an in-depth review, and so figured I'd just get back 'on the stock train'. My phone is noticeably slower now, *sigh*.

Good luck with future firmwares, as I may be back to use yours once I get sick of this awful stock firmware. I mean, it wasn't that bad until I saw how much better it could be .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Thanks goofium! A developer's work is never done... and lately, between personal matters and my job, time is scarce. Very sorry to have neglected you guys for a bit. I've been working on several things and Gingerbread is one of them. Battery life isn't where i'd like it to be on gingerbread yet though, and that's one of the things that's holding me back from even a beta release.... one of several things. Gingerbread brings many awesome things to the table, but its horribly unoptimized at the moment. For what I feel is the best daily ROM out of the ones I've put together, try the JS5 ROM from the beta thread.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Glad to see your ok Dorian! Was beginning to worry that you might have got stuck in a snow drift

superdog404

Dorian, you just take care of business!!! Thanks for all your labors on behalf of the community, I greatly appreciate what you have done. I could not have done it myself, and I am grateful literally every time I touch my Captivate.
    I am using Dorian's UGJK3 V6 Citrus Fresh w/EMail No Security and Restore Clock patches. The only problem I'm having is occasional dropped calls even though I appear to have 4-5 bars service strength.
    I also got one of AT&T's micro-cell units for home, and it does not do a good job of picking up calls in progress when I arrive at home - pull in garage, call drops every time. Otherwise the micro-cell is pretty incredible - 5 bars in my basement!
    Also using Lookout App to try and prevent malware/infections.

Say a prayer for Japan, and donate a few dollars that you can spare to a good organization, maybe the Red Cross. Those folks are hurting and will be for a long time to come.

Dorian, I just want to say thanks for all the work you have done. I have a very demanding job and oner the years I have aquired a lot of skills. I love to help people out when ever I can with my skills, however the minute they demand my help is when I no longer want to give it! I like doing things because I want to, not because I have to. Inthe last several weeks I have gotten much more daring and started messing around with the programming and theming aspects of the roms thanks to you. I don't kbow how to write the programming, but I have managed to to take parts from various roms and combine them into one rom I like. I use a png editor to modify images to make thing look the way I want them to, and I have come up with a rom that is perfect for me. Things I really wish I could figure out arw how to change the build prop, whenever I try, the phone wont boot up right. I also tried to create a custom boot animation, but when I boot it up the screen is blank until it gets to the home screen. And I once I have my rom on my phone with all my screens set up the way I want them, I want to be able to copy that setup to a zip that I install on someone elses phone. Right now I modified someone elses zip to include all the apps and themes I want but when I boot it up I have to set up my screens and use sgs tools to change the build prop to say what I want. I guess the bottom line is your rom, and what you did made me willing to try and do this stuff myself, so thank you Dorian very much!!!!!!!!

LOL, I love the quote about 'the instant they start demanding my help is when I quit giving it'. It is true, in all things, as people will take as much as they can get. Seriously. They will drain you dry, in every way. As the author of a software utility I won't mention, demands have becoming increasingly intense, but I accept those demands because I sell it.

A larger problem for probably EVERYONE reading this thread is the 'Please fix my PC' issue from every person you've ever met, lol. Whatever you do, don't do this -- as they'll be back next month, then the next, then the next. For anyone with other talents, it is a sure waste of time, and their problems are self-caused in 95% of cases. In about 50% of cases they could be self-fixed, but people will pawn off their problems as opposed to spending a minute thinking about it. They'll take hours of your time to save themselves 5 minutes of thinking, seriously. Yea, waaayyy off topic, but I'm sure every techie out there knows what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by goofium View Post
    A larger problem for probably EVERYONE reading this thread is the 'Please fix my PC' issue from every person you've ever met, lol. Whatever you do, don't do this -- as they'll be back next month, then the next, then the next. For anyone with other talents, it is a sure waste of time, and their problems are self-caused in 95% of cases. In about 50% of cases they could be self-fixed, but people will pawn off their problems as opposed to spending a minute thinking about it. They'll take hours of your time to save themselves 5 minutes of thinking, seriously. Yea, waaayyy off topic, but I'm sure every techie out there knows what I mean.
    For the last 7 years I made a living off people doing PC Tech support because of that logic! I got annoyed from several clients because they were so inept that I had one person even ask me on the phone "what is right click?" My last company would charge clients $150/hour for me to help troubleshoot and 9 out of 10 times the machine or server just need to be rebooted! Thanks, $150 please!... lol.

Press any key to continue.... "Where's the any key?"

Well, I decided to give the JS5 a run, and I won't deviate from this build until a stable Gingerbread ROM is put out - by Dorian. I've tried dozens of other ROM's, but the look, feel and stability of the ROM's that Dorian cooks up are what has me sold. Thanks again for all that you do to unlock the potential of these amazing devices. Now if only someone could get AT&T to unleash their upticked backhaul in my area! LOL

DaUnderSherif
    If I understand you correctly - you gave JS5 a try and returned to UGJK3 ? I am now on UGJK3 v6 and was just going to ask anyone that had tried both JS5 and this one if it was wortwhile to try JS5 while waiting for a stable 2.3 (Gingerbread) from Dorian.
    Please advise if I understood you that I better just wait.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    For the last 7 years I made a living off people doing PC Tech support because of that logic! I got annoyed from several clients because they were so inept that I had one person even ask me on the phone "what is right click?" My last company would charge clients $150/hour for me to help troubleshoot and 9 out of 10 times the machine or server just need to be rebooted! Thanks, $150 please!... lol.

Press any key to continue.... "Where's the any key?"
    This keyboard has "Any Key":
    keyboard for Blondes
    Recommend it to them LOL

Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links