-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by vic007 DaUnderSherif If I understand you correctly - you gave JS5 a try and returned to UGJK3 ? I am now on ...

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Quote Originally Posted by vic007 View Post
    DaUnderSherif
    If I understand you correctly - you gave JS5 a try and returned to UGJK3 ? I am now on UGJK3 v6 and was just going to ask anyone that had tried both JS5 and this one if it was wortwhile to try JS5 while waiting for a stable 2.3 (Gingerbread) from Dorian.
    Please advise if I understood you that I better just wait.
    Thanks
    No, he says he will stay on JS5 I think.
    Dorian himself stated that the best version so far is JS5

Correct. I'm sticking with JS5 until a 2.3 comes out that's stable. JS5 is just slightly more stable than the UGJK3 build (on my device anyway). The overclock works well, battery life is acceptable, wi-fi doesn't fail to come out of sleep mode, no phone force closes - all of which I experienced on UGJK3, albeit intermittently. Hope this helps clarify.

Thanks for the clrificatio DaUnderSherif
    I was thinking of moving to JS5 and now after your clarification I will. In UGJK3 I do get some phone force clses and battery life is not yet as good as I would like it to be.

If I put the v6.zip file on the phone, can I execute it from the recovery screen?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDog View Post
    If I put the v6.zip file on the phone, can I execute it from the recovery screen?
    You have to have ClockworkMod Recovery to install it.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

So I have found another problem with this one as I was toying around with other items. The Gingerbread keyboard in this causes force closes. It doesnt not work.. This is with the default ROM as well at-least on my phone.

Also there is another problem I listed which is answer the phone while speakers are plugged into it.. If you answer the phone with normal speakers plugged in and not headphone speakers you can not talk. If you hang up you are fine again.. This is repeatable and I believe I have reported this as well before.

The email "fix for security" works great but causes "connection errors" alot while getting email from Exchange Servers.. If I don't use that patch I do not get connections errors.

Also if you unplug the headphone from the speaker jack it will pop open the music player (I believe I have reported that as well)

You know the current release has a stale/old copy of Swype.. I posted a fix/work around for that.

Bluetooth bug.. If you turn bluetooth on.. Bond it to a bluetooth device and then walk away out of range from it and answer the phone it will just hangup the call instantly and then report the call "missed" to resolve the issue you turn off bluetooth and then it works again. I found this repeatable as well.

There are times when you can not connect to market.. After a reboot it works fine..

Settings/Applications/Development/Stay awake enabled works great until reboot.. Doesn't save that setting. Will revert back to being off after a reboot.

All and all Dorian I have to say this is the most solid ROM I have tried in the 2.2 tree. I am impressed with the work you have put behind that and applaud you.. BRAVO sir..

If you like this version - then for more stability - give the JS8 build over in the BETA thread a run. It's been my daily driver since the first beta (it's now at RC1 and stable) - just a thought.

Bit a BIG bullet last night, bought the new Samsung Skyrocket. This is the AT&T version of the Galaxy S II, with LTE. Truly an amazing phone. Speedtest reported today download of 12.8 and upload of 8.8, amazing - way more than my upgraded U-Verse throttled to 6 at home.
    Phone reports it is an SGH-I727, running 2.3.5 Gingerbread.UCKJ2 with the 2.6.35.11 kernel. It lists "baseband version" asI727UCKJ2.
    Used the heck out of it today, off the charger at 6:15AM and the battery was down to 5% at 4:20PM. Over 2 hours of phone talk time.
    All I can say is, wow. Sweet smoothness.

Now, how do I root it and make it better?

Quote Originally Posted by MOON77 View Post
    Bit a BIG bullet last night, bought the new Samsung Skyrocket. This is the AT&T version of the Galaxy S II, with LTE. Truly an amazing phone. Speedtest reported today download of 12.8 and upload of 8.8, amazing - way more than my upgraded U-Verse throttled to 6 at home.
    Phone reports it is an SGH-I727, running 2.3.5 Gingerbread.UCKJ2 with the 2.6.35.11 kernel. It lists "baseband version" asI727UCKJ2.
    Used the heck out of it today, off the charger at 6:15AM and the battery was down to 5% at 4:20PM. Over 2 hours of phone talk time.
    All I can say is, wow. Sweet smoothness.

Now, how do I root it and make it better?
    You need to go to the forum specific for the device. Nothing with the captivate is going to help you.
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links