-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by Dorian The instructions in the 1st post are for stock or if you are running custom... they work for all Captivate's Hi ...

Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    The instructions in the 1st post are for stock or if you are running custom... they work for all Captivate's
    Hi Dorian,

Thanks for the post I have followed all the steps I think and I got to the screen with the green test to install yuor rom but when I select it the installation is aborted because it says it can't open the package at the bottom it says something about the zip being bad??

Should I download the zip again??

please disergard the file was corrupted and it looks like it updated fine.

Thanks for the help

Hi Dorian,

This rom is much better than the stock version really quick and I haven't experieinced an bugginess what so ever.

Thanks for your patience with a newbie,

BR,

BJPJJS

Which ROM Dorian ?

:confused: I am still wondering a few things that I cannot get from the (not updated instructions) for the updated UGJK3 V2 ROM. I noticed that it is based on a different Kernel (hardcore) vs Setiron so is this new kernel overclocked ? On the XXJPY you also use hardcore but you also mention that it is not overclocked (better battery life) and you did say that the UGJK3 V2 would have better battery life. Please clarify (curiosity).
    So now the inevitable question is ... even though I am very happy with UGJK3 , which will be the ROM in which you will continue making improvements or are you going to continue supporting both?
    Again thanks for a much better :iphone: Captivate

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by vic007 View Post
    :confused: I am still wondering a few things that I cannot get from the (not updated instructions) for the updated UGJK3 V2 ROM. I noticed that it is based on a different Kernel (hardcore) vs Setiron so is this new kernel overclocked ? On the XXJPY you also use hardcore but you also mention that it is not overclocked (better battery life) and you did say that the UGJK3 V2 would have better battery life. Please clarify (curiosity).
    So now the inevitable question is ... even though I am very happy with UGJK3 , which will be the ROM in which you will continue making improvements or are you going to continue supporting both?
    Again thanks for a much better :iphone: Captivate
    LOL. I haven't updated much if any text... I need to do that. The hardcore kernel is for improved battery life, and isn't OC'd or UV compatible. I think I'll continue to support both. UGJK3 turned out better than I thought it would. JPY I knew would continue to be issue laden (for the most part), but it's newer base than JK3. For most the JK3 is the better ROM though. I'm actually fixing to post V3 of UGJK3. I'll post a changelog from here on out for updates.

Just flashed right now. First time rooter and flasher. Amazing instructions and descriptions. Ive been reading forums on this stuff for months always scarred to do it. Ran across this one and looked perfect to me. So smooth so perfect. I was wondering if the audio boost works through bluetooth audio too? Also i like some gameloft games like lets golf but att marketplace dont have it any idea how to get those?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jubielamb View Post
    Just flashed right now. First time rooter and flasher. Amazing instructions and descriptions. Ive been reading forums on this stuff for months always scarred to do it. Ran across this one and looked perfect to me. So smooth so perfect. I was wondering if the audio boost works through bluetooth audio too? Also i like some gameloft games like lets golf but att marketplace dont have it any idea how to get those?
    Thanks! About the AudioBoost through Bluetooth, I'm not sure that would work, but who knows.. it might.

About the Gameloft games.... I was thinking about that the other day. Gameloft is an interesting software company. First, most Gameloft titles aren't in the Android Market, and you have to download them from the Gameloft website on your phone. But then you have another issue. The way Android works, every model phone has a model and carrier fingerprint that is visible to any website that looks for it. So for instance the Captivate would identify itself as a SGH-i897 on ATT with Android 2.1. That information is always outwardly visible to any website. BUT it just so happens that Gameloft has conditional statements in their site that will filter what games you can buy by your carrier and model. If you visit Gameloft on a DroidX, all the Gameloft games are available for you to download, but by visiting on the Captivate you don't see any.

BUT the fingerprint can be changed to where the phone identifies itself as a GT-i9000 then all the games are avaliable, but I'm not 100% sure what other effects would be caused by changing that.

And even with the "signature" SAMSUNG-SGH-i897, KIES does not recognize it ...

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by vic007 View Post
    And even with the "signature" SAMSUNG-SGH-i897, KIES does not recognize it ...
    That's because kies looks for a build number, and since UGJK3 isn't an officially released build number it won't recognize it. Kies is horrible anyways. *shudder*

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Update! Revision 3 is here! This contains so many small changes, that this is a full wipe.
    Changelog:

Updated kernel - Louder rear speaker volume
    Updated System Apps
    BLN Control Included - To control the Button Backlight notifications
    New Icons for Samsung Apps
    Gingerbread theming is now complete - Even the TouchWiz frameworks are Gingerbread themed, so no more of those big blue buttons that clash with the Green/Orange.
    Updated Device ID and Fingerprint to where all apps are visible - Even Gameloft games. This ROM identifies as a GT-i9000.

EDIT: Download link is hot!

good work my friend.

Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links