-ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by Dorian Update! Revision 3 is here! This contains so many small changes, that this is a full wipe. Changelog: Updated kernel - ...

Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's UGJK3 FroYo - Gingerbread Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Update! Revision 3 is here! This contains so many small changes, that this is a full wipe.
    Changelog:

Updated kernel - Louder rear speaker volume
    Updated System Apps
    BLN Control Included - To control the Button Backlight notifications
    New Icons for Samsung Apps
    Gingerbread theming is now complete - Even the TouchWiz frameworks are Gingerbread themed, so no more of those big blue buttons that clash with the Green/Orange.
    Updated Device ID and Fingerprint to where all apps are visible - Even Gameloft games. This ROM identifies as a GT-i9000.

EDIT: Download link is hot!
    Youre the MAN Dorian...Flashing back to stock as we speak

Version 3 ROCKS!!!!!

I want to mention battery life. I installed juice defender on my phone a couple days ago and with the combination of that and your rom, I was able to get an entire day without charging my phone. I am a construction manager and my day starts at 5am in the office end ends around 6pm. I am on the phone either talking or checking email all day. Before now I always had to plug my phone in after about 4 hours.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrae View Post
    I want to mention battery life. I installed juice defender on my phone a couple days ago and with the combination of that and your rom, I was able to get an entire day without charging my phone. I am a construction manager and my day starts at 5am in the office end ends around 6pm. I am on the phone either talking or checking email all day. Before now I always had to plug my phone in after about 4 hours.
    Nice! It's great to hear it's working well in real world applications!

I've been a member on XDA for a while. I wish I had found this rom before flashing to stock JH7 and customizing it. Now I have to spend my night tonight flashing what looks like an incredible Froyo rom.

I've tried both JK3 and JPY - they are both amazing and fast. A word of caution though, if you've installed JPY and back up your apps and system data with Titanium backup, you'll get errors if you try to go back to JK3 and restore your apps. Mostly because "system data" contains all the system apps like Maps, Phone, Contacts, Messaging, SWYPE, etc.

I tried JK3 for a while but kept getting Force Close because of this. I switched back to JPY and all is well again.

Quote Originally Posted by mletchworth View Post
    I've tried both JK3 and JPY - they are both amazing and fast. A word of caution though, if you've installed JPY and back up your apps and system data with Titanium backup, you'll get errors if you try to go back to JK3 and restore your apps. Mostly because "system data" contains all the system apps like Maps, Phone, Contacts, Messaging, SWYPE, etc.

I tried JK3 for a while but kept getting Force Close because of this. I switched back to JPY and all is well again.
    Easiest way to avoid this is just to restore just your apps and not system data.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethere View Post
    I've been a member on XDA for a while. I wish I had found this rom before flashing to stock JH7 and customizing it. Now I have to spend my night tonight flashing what looks like an incredible Froyo rom.
    Welcome aboard!

Yea, the system apps are temperamental between builds. System apps from JPY have to be tweaked internally to be compatible with other builds because on the 2.2.1 ROM's the system frameworks are slightly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethere View Post
    Easiest way to avoid this is just to restore just your apps and not system data.
    Yep. I just wish there was a way to restore all my contacts, messages, and saved Wifi passwords without restoring all the system apps.

Hey Dorian, I noticed that you added BLN support to Version3, which is cool. Have you tried to mess with the amount of time the button backlights stay on? That's my biggest complaint about the phone - when I use it at night, I need more than 3 seconds before the buttons go dark. (I'm starting to get used to where they're located, but I'd rather just see what I'm pressing)

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Yep. I just wish there was a way to restore all my contacts, messages, and saved Wifi passwords without restoring all the system apps.
    There is. Look in the market for "SMS Backup and Restore", "Call Log Backup and Restore", and all your contacts can be replicated to Google's servers. WiFi passwords are an unfortunate casualty though... It's usually best if those are re-entered manually.

Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links