-ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1 within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Here you go.. Flash that from ClockworkMod Recovery. That will also fix some issues with the dialer....

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Here you go.. Flash that from ClockworkMod Recovery. That will also fix some issues with the dialer.

OK. Thanks. I'm starting all over from stock. I'm getting in trouble now after attempting to install the SpeedMod ULK. What are the directions supposed to read? It seems like I'm missing a step in the OP.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Ahh.. Ok, you're on JPY.

First, reboot into Recovery.
    In recovery go to advanced SpeedMod ULK Features
    Then LAGFIX Options
    Then Advanced custom conversion options...
    From there, use the power/select to change "DATA_FS" "CACHE_FS" and "DBDATA_FS" to EXT4 (not EXT4nj). As you press select it cycles through options...
    Once done there, go back and reboot. Then upon reboot, select continue with backup and restore.

When do you think your full update for 2.2.1 will be ready? This version is great right now, but once all the fixes are implemented it will be great!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Download links for V3 are hot...

Changelog for V3:
    Updated to Hardcore's SpeedMod kernel with Voodoo sound - MUCH louder headphone output!
    Updated modem to TLJL3 - Improved upload speeds and voice quality
    Updated Samsung Apps
    Added Voodoo Sound app to control headphone AMP levels
    Replaced Samsung MMS with Android AOSP MMS app
    Lots of small UI changes

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Download links for V3 are hot...

Changelog for V3:
    Updated to Hardcore's SpeedMod kernel with Voodoo sound - MUCH louder headphone output!
    Updated modem to TLJL3 - Improved upload speeds and voice quality
    Updated Samsung Apps
    Added Voodoo Sound app to control headphone AMP levels
    Replaced Samsung MMS with Android AOSP MMS app
    Lots of small UI changes
    Dorian, can you show me some screenshots of the mms app? How does the battery life on this version compare to the battery life of the latest UGJK3 version? With the voodoo sound app, will I still need to use audioboost? The video app is something that peaks my curiosity! I had actually flashed back to version-2 of the UGJK3 on my phone because it seemed to give me the best overall balance, and when I am on the internet, it allowed me to watch video on certain websites, like MSN, that version-4 did not allow me to watch. How will the video driver work on this version?

Ohh yeah! It's running so smooth. The VoodooApp sounds amazing too. It definitely boosts the volume but does add a little distortion. I'm using Winamp and audio-technica QuietPoint ATH-ANC7b noise-cancelling headphones. Compared to the iPhone 3G, Voodoo makes my captivate about 10-20% louder than the iPhone, but it doesn't sound quite as clear.

The messaging app is way cleaner looking than the samsung version. here's a screenshot:

BTW, there's no extra space in the message boxes - I just edited out Alex's last name.

Can the Voodoo be shut off. Currently I am using the Audioboost app, and it works really well. I have a dock in my truck for the phone, and I plug it in to listen to music. The with Audioboost is incredibly clear and powerful. My only real gripe with Audioboost is the small icon that gets displayed in the upper left corner of the screen. So, I would rather not use the Voodoo if it distorts.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrae View Post
    Can the Voodoo be shut off. Currently I am using the Audioboost app, and it works really well. I have a dock in my truck for the phone, and I plug it in to listen to music. The with Audioboost is incredibly clear and powerful. My only real gripe with Audioboost is the small icon that gets displayed in the upper left corner of the screen. So, I would rather not use the Voodoo if it distorts.
    Well, about the Voodoo app... I can be turned off, yes, but I've found that not boosting it all the way just little bit by little bit, it will cut the distortion out. I'm using the stock Samsung Music app with Bose AE2's and I don't hear any distortion... still I'm not boosting it all the way. The Wolfson WM8994 DAC that's in the Captivate has a 1W AMP, and you can definitely feel 1W. But since this is still Voodoo Sound 1.0, theres room for a little improvement with later versions. Also, with Voodoo there is no need for Audioboost at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Well, about the Voodoo app... I can be turned off, yes, but I've found that not boosting it all the way just little bit by little bit, it will cut the distortion out. I'm using the stock Samsung Music app with Bose AE2's and I don't hear any distortion... still I'm not boosting it all the way. The Wolfson WM8994 DAC that's in the Captivate has a 1W AMP, and you can definitely feel 1W. But since this is still Voodoo Sound 1.0, theres room for a little improvement with later versions. Also, with Voodoo there is no need for Audioboost at all...
    Thats cool if I dont need the audioboost, it saves me a step and removes the ugly icon. What about the video drivers and the battery life. Also, if I wanted to convert the mms app back to stock, can I use the same file I did on the UGJK3?

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links