-ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1 within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; The video drivers are largely untouched, but they have been optimized a bit. The battery life is pretty great actually. Also the backlight now dims ...

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    The video drivers are largely untouched, but they have been optimized a bit. The battery life is pretty great actually. Also the backlight now dims to lower points... so theres some more battery life. About the MMS, yes, you should be able to use the same package as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    The video drivers are largely untouched, but they have been optimized a bit. The battery life is pretty great actually. Also the backlight now dims to lower points... so theres some more battery life. About the MMS, yes, you should be able to use the same package as before.
    Do you know what would cause video not to play on the Rom? For example on UGJK3-V4, when I am on MSN, it tells me my phone does not support the video. But when I reinstalled UGJK3-V2, it would play the video fine.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    It would have to be the Device ID that's changing what can be played on JK3. V3 was when I changed it to a GT-i9000. Interesting. I'll have to look at that.

Now that you mentioned the ID, what I did when I reinstalled V2, I then installed your last update for V4 so that it would remove the video call, change the calender to gingerbread, and I thought that was the update the changed the way the phone identified itself.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrae View Post
    Now that you mentioned the ID, what I did when I reinstalled V2, I then installed your last update for V4 so that it would remove the video call, change the calender to gingerbread, and I thought that was the update the changed the way the phone identified itself.
    Now that you mention that... I looked back over some stuff. The R3 full wipe changed the Device ID, the update to R4 didn't change anything with the Device ID.

V1, V2 - Both Ident as SGH-i897 (Captivate)
    V3, V4 - Both Ident as GT-i9000 (Galaxy S)

How does this latest version of JPY identify itself?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    As a GT-i9000.

I installed the latest build v3 and it's working great, but I had to manually install the email app and text to speech as they were not included automatically. Just wanted to let you know for a future build.

Dorian,
    Excellent work I install the V3 and enable the lagfix, and my captivate run very fast, right now my performance in the Quadrant Standard test, they give me the score of 1390, in the top of the list, without overclocking.

One question for future updates (V4 or something) is necessary run the full process, install the 2.1, root it, install your zip and go to recovery mode, or once with your SW we can go directly to install the new version?

Thanks.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by GTerplan View Post
    I installed the latest build v3 and it's working great, but I had to manually install the email app and text to speech as they were not included automatically. Just wanted to let you know for a future build.
    Dang. I need to start writing out a "to-do" list. I meant to include TTS and email. I had a new EMail version I meant to throw into V3. Sorry about that! But otherwise, I'm glad it's working good for you! I just posted an update for those in the OP... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sig33 View Post
    Dorian,
    Excellent work I install the V3 and enable the lagfix, and my captivate run very fast, right now my performance in the Quadrant Standard test, they give me the score of 1390, in the top of the list, without overclocking.

One question for future updates (V4 or something) is necessary run the full process, install the 2.1, root it, install your zip and go to recovery mode, or once with your SW we can go directly to install the new version?

Thanks.
    Nice! If you stay on the same version it's not necessary to flash back to stock _every_ time. But sometimes the smaller fixes and file changes require a full flash back to stock, as otherwise you're likely to get force-closes or other issues. When you flash back to stock the internal memory gets re-formatted, so every bit gets erased.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links