-ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1 within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Dear Dorian, I am a newbie; just flash my captivate with V3; everything worked fine; try to us Google Maps Navigation; got stuck in "Getting ...

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1

Dear Dorian, I am a newbie; just flash my captivate with V3; everything worked fine; try to us Google Maps Navigation; got stuck in "Getting driving direction"; check GPS lock good within 5 secs - 9 sat; I remembered reading something about text-to-speech module missing; maybe this is the problem. Can you give me a hint here. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tmng95014 View Post
    Dear Dorian, I am a newbie; just flash my captivate with V3; everything worked fine; try to us Google Maps Navigation; got stuck in "Getting driving direction"; check GPS lock good within 5 secs - 9 sat; I remembered reading something about text-to-speech module missing; maybe this is the problem. Can you give me a hint here. Thanks.
    Hey tmng95014 yes there is an earlier post that fixed my issue and here is the link again.

You can flash this through ClockworkMod recovery to add Text To Speech.

Quote Originally Posted by GTerplan View Post
    Hey tmng95014 yes there is an earlier post that fixed my issue and here is the link again.

You can flash this through ClockworkMod recovery to add Text To Speech.
    Hi Terplan,
    Thanks for the hint. can you give me some specific direction. Just want to be sure. Thanks

Dear GTerplan,
    I figure it out ;-)
    Pls ignore last message. Thanks for all your help!

Ok, I'm a little confused. I have done exactly what you have entailed above. Every thing goes perfectly until I get to this step:
    Once it's done, back out to the main recovery screen, then select Advanced ClockworkMod ULK features, then LAGFIX, then select "Faster ALL=EXT4".
    Now re-boot, and you'll select "continue with backup and restore".
    I do not see "Advanced ClockworkMod ULK features" any where. Where do I find that?
    And when I do reboot the phone, I get "Sorry The application Email (processcom.android.emil) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" Forece Close error message. There is also Japanese writing below the Browser Icon, and when I click on it I get a ton of Japanese writing with a force close error.
    Am I doing something wrong?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Richdd View Post
    Ok, I'm a little confused. I have done exactly what you have entailed above. Every thing goes perfectly until I get to this step:
    Once it's done, back out to the main recovery screen, then select Advanced ClockworkMod ULK features, then LAGFIX, then select "Faster ALL=EXT4".
    Now re-boot, and you'll select "continue with backup and restore".
    I do not see "Advanced ClockworkMod ULK features" any where. Where do I find that?
    And when I do reboot the phone, I get "Sorry The application Email (processcom.android.emil) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" Forece Close error message. There is also Japanese writing below the Browser Icon, and when I click on it I get a ton of Japanese writing with a force close error.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    The "Advanced ClockworkMod ULK features" are in recovery. About the Email FC and the Japanese text, I honestly have no idea. I can't say that I've ever seen anything like that... and I've clean flashed the current version over 15 times.

Ok, I'll try to find the "Advanced ClockworkMod ULK features". In the mean time, my phone decided to wipe all of my apps, and info.... lol. I'm having so much fun!!! Ohh.... No idea about the Japanese text? This update is for an North American style Captive Galaxy S, SGH-I897, correct?

EDIT:
    I found my mistake. I was applying the V3 update and not the full ROM. She seems to be functioning well now.

The next thing I need help with is a link to how to save all of my phone info. and data so I may reinstall it after updates such as this?

Ohh... BTW.....Awesome job!!

email.apk

Dear Dorian,
    Can you post the email module? Again, it seems the link is no longer working. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tmng95014 View Post
    Dear Dorian,
    Can you post the email module? Again, it seems the link is no longer working. Thanks.
    Hi Dorian,
    I figured this out. It turned out that the apk link was still good so I download the Email.apk and place into the /system/app directory via a root explorer. This works. Now I am fully functional. This ROM is fantastic and fast!
    Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

Hello Dorian. I attempted to apply the V3 fix after after flashing XXJPY, and I still get the GT-I9000 logo on start up. Am I missing a step?

Edit:
    When in ClockworkMod ULK features, then LAGFIX, I do not see an option for "Faster ALL=EXT4". The options are:
    Disable lagfix: Convert DATA to RFS
    Enable lagefix: Convert DATA to Ext4
    Convert System
    Advanced custom conversion options
    Ext4 mount options
    *****Go Back*****

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links