-ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1 within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by jetrae Well I installed the XXJPY on my phone last night, and I have to say that once again your work is ...

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrae View Post
    Well I installed the XXJPY on my phone last night, and I have to say that once again your work is exceptional! The only problem I see with it, is choosing which rom I want to run on my phone. Compared to the Eclair that came on the phone, they are both amazing. But I have to say that this morning I chose to flash back to the UGJK3 because I feel it suits me better. There are just too many little touches in the UGJK3 that I love. If I could do anything, I would take the screen animations, like the way applications seem to flip on and off of the screen, and incorporate them into the UGJK3 (That pretty cool!!!) I also like the use of the original style contact icon in the XXJPY. I only wish that I knew how you do what you do, and could tinker with the inner workings these things like you. Again I say, Samsung should offer you a job, with a high paying salary I might add!, because you seem to get what people like me really want on these phones.
    Keep up the great work! Also, how would I go about donating to your work?
    Thank you! As far as most of JPY goes, it really shows it's build immaturity being that this is technically only Samsung's 3rd 2.2.1 beta. UGJK3 is mature as far as regular 2.2 goes as there are around 20 different earlier builds of 2.2. One thing though is that the 2.2.1 has much more headroom for improvements... in this one you'll notice there's changes in the text from where they've changed the UI frameworks around a bit... the browser on JPY/JPX/JPU is hardware accelerated... and this one also has kernel level driver enhancements. But I agree, for most this one needs to bake a little longer, and get optimized a little more.

About the changes to UGJK3, I can incorporate the window animations into the update this Wednesday, along with the contacts icon. The orange icon really goes with the Gingerbread theme more than I thought it would..lol.

About donating.. I really don't have anything setup. I usually just do this because I enjoy it... that and making things run like they should have from the get-go.

Dorian,
    I don't know if it is aproblem with 2.2 in general but the "Standard Modem over Bluetooth" device it generates when you connect the Galaxy S (Captivate) to a PC (via BT) does not work (tried on two different PCs). Opening port gives error. Please look at this at your leisure. Looking forward to the UGJK3 update on Wednesday. How do I know it is the update I'm downloading ? Is the name different (like V2)?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Thank you! As far as most of JPY goes, it really shows it's build immaturity being that this is technically only Samsung's 3rd 2.2.1 beta. UGJK3 is mature as far as regular 2.2 goes as there are around 20 different earlier builds of 2.2. One thing though is that the 2.2.1 has much more headroom for improvements... in this one you'll notice there's changes in the text from where they've changed the UI frameworks around a bit... the browser on JPY/JPX/JPU is hardware accelerated... and this one also has kernel level driver enhancements. But I agree, for most this one needs to bake a little longer, and get optimized a little more.

About the changes to UGJK3, I can incorporate the window animations into the update this Wednesday, along with the contacts icon. The orange icon really goes with the Gingerbread theme more than I thought it would..lol.

About donating.. I really don't have anything setup. I usually just do this because I enjoy it... that and making things run like they should have from the get-go.
    I know I probably sound like an idiot, but I really like that orange contact icon! LOL........However, if you can change the contact icon, is it possible to add the camcorder icon that looks similar to the camera icon with a small triangle on the corner? And if you can add those screen animations that flip in and out, that would be freakin awsome!!!!! A couple things I noticed on the JPY that I could not get used to were the transparent dropdowns, and the colorless text message boards.....they kinda messed with my eyes. Now, when you say that the browser on JPY is hardware accelerated, what does that mean? I did notice when I was zooming in and out on the browser, it kind of resembled using a blackberry torch with the checkerboard hesitation, and the text did not seam to be as bold. I also feel that when I was not using the wifi, pages loaded a lot quicker in the JK3 than they do in the JPY....

Another new bee here. I am trying to backup my current rom using rom manager. but it goes in to recovery and does nothing. I know I am missing a step, would you tell me what I need to do? and do you have a copy of the original ROM. I have been messing with my phone for some time now. I am not sure of mine. I backed up everything using Titanium backup, is that good enough for a fresh start if something goes wrong. Thank you.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by vic007 View Post
    Dorian,
    I don't know if it is aproblem with 2.2 in general but the "Standard Modem over Bluetooth" device it generates when you connect the Galaxy S (Captivate) to a PC (via BT) does not work (tried on two different PCs). Opening port gives error. Please look at this at your leisure. Looking forward to the UGJK3 update on Wednesday. How do I know it is the update I'm downloading ? Is the name different (like V2)?
    I'll definitely look into that. I may have left out a BT profile.

I know I probably sound like an idiot, but I really like that orange contact icon! LOL........However, if you can change the contact icon, is it possible to add the camcorder icon that looks similar to the camera icon with a small triangle on the corner? And if you can add those screen animations that flip in and out, that would be freakin awsome!!!!! A couple things I noticed on the JPY that I could not get used to were the transparent dropdowns, and the colorless text message boards.....they kinda messed with my eyes. Now, when you say that the browser on JPY is hardware accelerated, what does that mean? I did notice when I was zooming in and out on the browser, it kind of resembled using a blackberry torch with the checkerboard hesitation, and the text did not seam to be as bold. I also feel that when I was not using the wifi, pages loaded a lot quicker in the JK3 than they do in the JPY....
    I actually made revisions to the UI frameworks on JPY last night that got rid of the transparent notification drawer..LOL. About the camcorder icon, do you have an example? I'm not sure which one you're talking about. This is the only camcorder icon I have ATM..

The hardware accelerated browser on the JPY/X/U uses the GPU to render pages instead of the CPU, that way if you're playing music or doing something else... loading a page in the browser won't choke other apps causing stutters and such.

Quote Originally Posted by cuneyyy View Post
    Another new bee here. I am trying to backup my current rom using rom manager. but it goes in to recovery and does nothing. I know I am missing a step, would you tell me what I need to do? and do you have a copy of the original ROM. I have been messing with my phone for some time now. I am not sure of mine. I backed up everything using Titanium backup, is that good enough for a fresh start if something goes wrong. Thank you.
    Titanium Backup for your apps is really the only backup you need, aside from backing up your Text Messages, and Call Logs. For the original ROM that came with the Captivate, it's linked in the install instructions... It's ODIN JF6.

Two days and all is well this is the best one yet runs smooth and fast no reboot or lock ups makes the captivate the best
    phone on the market this is how a smart phone should work Thank You Thank You Thank You!!! So what is next i can"t
    wait

Got it

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by cuneyyy View Post
    I already have captivate drivers installed why is it asking me to install drives again when I get to download mode?
    ODIN One-Click has to be open before you plug your phone in. If it's not open, it won't capture the port that download mode uses. If you've already made sure of that, then I'm not sure. I've never been asked to install more drivers when in download mode.

Here is an image of the camcorder icon:

And while looking for that I came across another icon for the music player that seems to fit the gingerbread theme:

I have noticed that this icon is on the rom already when you are in the settings.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Here is an image of the camcorder icon:

And while looking for that I came across another icon for the music player that seems to fit the gingerbread theme:

I have noticed that this icon is on the rom already when you are in the settings.
    Ok.. That's the AOSP camcorder icon.. but yea, I can do that.

About the Music app, I agree that the pink icon from Samsung just doesn't match anything. I was thinking about using Honeycomb's music player icon:

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links