-ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1 within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by Dorian Ok.. That's the AOSP camcorder icon.. but yea, I can do that. About the Music app, I agree that the pink ...

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Ok.. That's the AOSP camcorder icon.. but yea, I can do that.

About the Music app, I agree that the pink icon from Samsung just doesn't match anything. I was thinking about using Honeycomb's music player icon:

The Honeycomb icon looks like a good fit to the theme to me. In talking with you about all these phone customizations, it feels like I am ordering a "made to order rom". Again, if Samsung had you on board they could sell custom "made to order phones", and they would probably make a killing!!!.......You Rock!

Dorian, I installed the two updates to the JK3, and I am unsure of what is different. What did the updates, update?

Hi Dorian
    When I boot in to recovery I get android system recovery and there is no option for install from sd. Any ideas.

I got it. but looks like I am stock at the finding update package for last 15 minutes

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrae View Post
    Dorian, I installed the two updates to the JK3, and I am unsure of what is different. What did the updates, update?
    It updated the UI frameworks, and the kernel. You should notice much better battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by cuneyyy View Post
    Hi Dorian
    When I boot in to recovery I get android system recovery and there is no option for install from sd. Any ideas.
    Sorry for the late reply.. I feel like I've caught the plague..UGH. Anyways, the ClockworkMod Recovery appears after selecting "apply update.zip" from the Samsung recovery twice. I don't really know why it's twice though?

I got it. but looks like I am stock at the finding update package for last 15 minutes
    If it can't find the package, reboot back into Android and mount your internal SD to your computer and delete the update off the card. Now try re-downloading it and putting it back on the card... BUT make sure to not just unplug the cord after transfer. Drop the notification bar and unmount the SD card.. then unplug. Just pulling the cord out will cause data corruption.

Excellent! I could definitely use better battery life.

It is Okay now. I had to reboot in to recovery again and everything went fine. I really like this ROM, wireless tethering, fast boot, 2.2 advantage and any app you want this is great. But couple of things I had to get around. First default browser did not work so good. I had checker box and when you pinch zoom its blurry. I install Dolphin HD it works perfect. Two things I am still working on, first text looks very skinny almost transplant I need to find a way to replace that if it is possible, second is a 3G problem, I do not have many choice when it comes to Mobile networks, default was checked as GSM/WCDMA auto and that gives me HSDPA which looks like not available everywhere and it does not switch to 3G. If I change to GSM only it only gets E. So I am going to try prop editor. What would you recommend for these two things. Thank you for everything, Great ROM.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    It is Okay now. I had to reboot in to recovery again and everything went fine. I really like this ROM, wireless tethering, fast boot, 2.2 advantage and any app you want this is great. But couple of things I had to get around. First default browser did not work so good. I had checker box and when you pinch zoom its blurry. I install Dolphin HD it works perfect. Two things I am still working on, first text looks very skinny almost transplant I need to find a way to replace that if it is possible, second is a 3G problem, I do not have many choice when it comes to Mobile networks, default was checked as GSM/WCDMA auto and that gives me HSDPA which looks like not available everywhere and it does not switch to 3G. If I change to GSM only it only gets E. So I am going to try prop editor. What would you recommend for these two things. Thank you for everything, Great ROM.
    Yea, on JPY/X/U the browser will show that checkerboard pattern sometimes, because Samsung is trying to move the browser over to being GPU accelerated. Right now it's not so great, but it's improving. I'm working with some other 2.2.1 builds right now and it looks like they've got it fixed. As for the fonts, you can replace them with the ones I attached below. When the UI frameworks were modified, they changed the way text is displayed, so that's why that's like that.

Now about the network... The modem with JPY here is JK4. It defaults to GSM/HSPA 850MHz. WCDMA is 3G. Disabling WCDMA and going all GSM only limits you to EDGE. I enabled Combi-bands in the modem before I released it so it would automatically switch from EDGE to 3G. If you're having problems though, I'd say try the TLJL3 modem.

Bolded Fonts

Thank you for quick response. In order to install fonts.zip do I need to push it to SD and install it from recovery? And Where is TLJL3 and how to install it? I know I am asking so many questions but this is my fist custom ROM. Thank you for your help.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Thank you for quick response. In order to install fonts.zip do I need to push it to SD and install it from recovery? And Where is TLJL3 and how to install it? I know I am asking so many questions but this is my fist custom ROM. Thank you for your help.
    I tell you what.. Give me about 30 minutes and I'll update the whole ROM. I've been modifying and re-arranging a LOT of things. I'll include the bolded fonts and TLJL3 as part of the install.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links