-ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1 within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; great...

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1

great

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Ok.. I've got it uploading now, it'll be done it just a bit.

Sorry about the wait... I forgot something and had to re-upload. Humor me. LOL

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Ok. V2.2 is Hot.

Dorian, in version 2 did you change any of the icons. Also in the original screenshots it looks like the clock widget works the same as JK3 however when I tried it on my phone I could not find the same clock icon that was on JK3.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrae View Post
    Dorian, in version 2 did you change any of the icons. Also in the original screenshots it looks like the clock widget works the same as JK3 however when I tried it on my phone I could not find the same clock icon that was on JK3.
    I did. Just the Camera icon. I couldn't replace the Music Player icon without having the TouchWiz frameworks crash and go into a boot-loop. I think it's because the two images aren't the same size. The main changes I made in V2.2 JPY were to the TouchWiz frameworks, fonts, and more theming. I got haptic feedback working on the Home button now also.

About the Widgets.. I actually am not sure about that. I haven't bothered with any widgets, as I usually don't use them.

I can't wait to try it tonight. Is this going to be fresh install or update and did you able to replace the modem driver. Thank you.

I just installed the ROM, and it looks and feels AMAZING!! Granted, this is the first custom ROM I've had. Just got tired of waiting for the OTA update.

My only issue with it at this point is I don't have 3G data. Could it have gotten disabled somehow? Anybody else had this problem?

*EDIT* Instead of the 3G icon in the status bar, I have an "H" with arrows above it.

Quote Originally Posted by mletchworth View Post
    I just installed the ROM, and it looks and feels AMAZING!! Granted, this is the first custom ROM I've had. Just got tired of waiting for the OTA update.

My only issue with it at this point is I don't have 3G data. Could it have gotten disabled somehow? Anybody else had this problem?

*EDIT* Instead of the 3G icon in the status bar, I have an "H" with arrows above it.
    Yes that was one of the issue that Dorian was going to fix it with the update. I guess we wait for his answer. It seems to be faster but the coverage is not as good as 3g

Quote Originally Posted by cuneyyy View Post
    Yes that was one of the issue that Dorian was going to fix it with the update. I guess we wait for his answer. It seems to be faster but the coverage is not as good as 3g
    Yeah, after I posted that I did see the issues already had been mentioned on page three. But I downloaded V2.2 today after it was supposedly fixed and I'm having the same problem. Oh well, the fix is worth waiting for. And I guess I could always try the JK3 rom...

Dorian,

Thanks for the custom ROM. This is my first custom ROM and what a way to start the party off right! Question for you though. I have been running the ROM for a few days with no issues. After re-installing my applications from the market, when rebooting my phone, my applications start throwing "The application has stopped unexpectedly errors" Any ideal why this would start all of a sudden?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links