-ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1 within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; "H" is the fast data. H is HSDPA, which is 3G. Can you download SpeedTest from Ookla from the market and test your speeds?...

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    "H" is the fast data. H is HSDPA, which is 3G. Can you download SpeedTest from Ookla from the market and test your speeds?

Ok, below are my speeds from speedtest app.

Wifi 4910 kbps down, 708 kbps up (for reference)
    GSM 38 kbps down, 44 kbps up
    WCDMA 1809 kbps down, 1694 kbps up

I guess that is 3g speed. The funny thing is I kept seeing "3G" text pop up for a split second in the status bar (replacing the "H"), so I figured I was missing a setting or something.

Oh well, thanks for the troubleshooting help. I love your product!

Howdy Dorian. I just found this forum and your nice ROM yesterday. It's nice and fast and battery life is great. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

Hi Dorian, you mansion about overclocking to 1.2 ghz. Is there a way to confirm that on the phone. Android system info showing 1 ghz.

Dorian,
    Thanks for putting up this ROM. I updated from your Dorian's UGJK3 2.2 Gingerbread Edition ROM by just going to the recovery mode using clockwork and selecting the zip. It failed a couple of times but installed successfully the third time. I just kept selecting "install from zip" everytime. Anyway, everything looks fine, but I dont see the mail app. The one that I use to connect to exchange. Did i screw this installation up.

I tried restoring it with MyBackup Root but that didnt bring back the email app either

Thanks again and a Happy New Year!!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by cuneyyy View Post
    Hi Dorian, you mansion about overclocking to 1.2 ghz. Is there a way to confirm that on the phone. Android system info showing 1 ghz.
    The original version was 1.2GHz, but I brought it down to 1GHz for battery life concerns. If you'd like to overclock, flash SetiroN's OC/UV 1.5.6 kernel from here, and install Voltage Control to switch to different frequencies.

Quote Originally Posted by setdosa View Post
    Dorian,
    Thanks for putting up this ROM. I updated from your Dorian's UGJK3 2.2 Gingerbread Edition ROM by just going to the recovery mode using clockwork and selecting the zip. It failed a couple of times but installed successfully the third time. I just kept selecting "install from zip" everytime. Anyway, everything looks fine, but I dont see the mail app. The one that I use to connect to exchange. Did i screw this installation up.

I tried restoring it with MyBackup Root but that didnt bring back the email app either

Thanks again and a Happy New Year!!
    Dang! I knew I'd forget something somewhere. Email was it... sorry! I don't ever use anything but GMail, so I would have never noticed..LOL. Here is the Email APK you can drop in /system/app with root explorer or a file explorer with Root access, or you can go into recovery and flash the zip update from ClockworkMod. Happy New Year!

Regular APK
    CWM Update ZIP

Thank you

Got another question. Is it possible to tap into Hsdpa + with software modification or it is strictly hardware difference.

I'm feeling really stupid right now, but is GTalk not in this rom?

I tried you ROM (Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1) last night. It was a pretty painless install. I
    didn't do the Lagfix step:

Once it's done, back out to the main recovery screen, then select Advanced ClockworkMod ULK features,
    then LAGFIX, then select "Faster ALL=EXT4".

I didn't find the "Faster ALL=EXT4" option on my version of ClockworkMod (v2.5.1.0). I saw one option
    to change to EXT4. Is this the same option with different heading? Anyway I left it without the lagfix
    for now. Can this be done later without loosing all the data and apps?

Overall this is a great "fix" for the Captivate. It's faster, and has some very useful features lacking in the
    stock ROM. Thank you for all your efforts.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links