-ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1 within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by cuneyyy Got another question. Is it possible to tap into Hsdpa + with software modification or it is strictly hardware difference. That ...

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by cuneyyy View Post
    Got another question. Is it possible to tap into Hsdpa + with software modification or it is strictly hardware difference.
    That is sadly a hardware difference. The Captivates are only capable of 7.2Mbps downlink and 5.76Mbps uplink. I guess our networks need to get faster before we'd notice not having HSPA+.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post
    I'm feeling really stupid right now, but is GTalk not in this rom?
    Actually, no, it isn't... But for good reason. I left it out because you can get a version of it from the market that "Auto-Updates".

Quote Originally Posted by jorj7 View Post
    I tried you ROM (Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1) last night. It was a pretty painless install. I
    didn't do the Lagfix step:

Once it's done, back out to the main recovery screen, then select Advanced ClockworkMod ULK features,
    then LAGFIX, then select "Faster ALL=EXT4".

I didn't find the "Faster ALL=EXT4" option on my version of ClockworkMod (v2.5.1.0). I saw one option
    to change to EXT4. Is this the same option with different heading? Anyway I left it without the lagfix
    for now. Can this be done later without loosing all the data and apps?

Overall this is a great "fix" for the Captivate. It's faster, and has some very useful features lacking in the
    stock ROM. Thank you for all your efforts.
    Ahh.. that's what I get for changing the kernel _after_ writing the instructions..LOL. What you'd need to do with this kernel is:

Select advanced options, then it lets you choose what each partition is converted to. What you want to do is make the first three "ext4". When you scroll down the list to each, use the power button to change the options, and it will cycle through RFS, JFS, EXT2, and EXT4.

Make sure to leave the "loops" to false.

Dorian, my text to speak got weird on me. I can't get it work. I had Pico TTS and it doesn't work anymore. I reinstall the ROM but nothing changed. Do I need a different TTS engine.?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    A lot of things changed internally with JPY, so it doesn't surprise me that something like that doesn't work. About a fix... I'm not sure. The dev may have to update it to work with Samsung's 2.2.1.

Dorian I searched the market and Can't find GTalk. I installed it using the latest GAPPS for cyanogenmod.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post
    Dorian I searched the market and Can't find GTalk. I installed it using the latest GAPPS for cyanogenmod.
    Wow. Ok. So it's been removed from the market... again, sorry. I didn't realize.

Just in case anyone else needs it, here's the APK.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Ahh.. that's what I get for changing the kernel _after_ writing the instructions..LOL. What you'd need to do with this kernel is:

Select advanced options, then it lets you choose what each partition is converted to. What you want to do is make the first three "ext4". When you scroll down the list to each, use the power button to change the options, and it will cycle through RFS, JFS, EXT2, and EXT4.

Make sure to leave the "loops" to false.
    Out of curiosity, if I did not do the lagfix when installing from the stock rom, am I going to be missing performance or anything like that? It should have formatted into ext4 during after reboot of installation right?

Wow. Ok. So it's been removed from the market... again, sorry. I didn't realize.

Just in case anyone else needs it, here's the APK.
    awesome.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    Out of curiosity, if I did not do the lagfix when installing from the stock rom, am I going to be missing performance or anything like that? It should have formatted into ext4 during after reboot of installation right?
    Nope, conversion to EXT4 at any point is just the same as doing it at installation. It'll just take longer to convert, because you want the lagfix to backup and restore your info on reboot.

Nope, conversion to EXT4 at any point is just the same as doing it at installation. It'll just take longer to convert, because you want the lagfix to backup and restore your info on reboot.
    GREAT!! You did a great job with this Rom, I've only had my phone for a week now and tried out your first release of 2.2 and then tried 5 other Rom's. Your release has been one of the best so far.

For the Gtalk apk, can I use CWM to install or do I place it in /system/app and place it there?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    GREAT!! You did a great job with this Rom, I've only had my phone for a week now and tried out your first release of 2.2 and then tried 5 other Rom's. Your release has been one of the best so far.

For the Gtalk apk, can I use CWM to install or do I place it in /system/app and place it there?
    Thanks! You can drop it in /system/app with a root file explorer. Then it will appear in the Launcher.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links